LG Optimus G Pro E988 - Kitkat update ... available

uchitshah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys if possible please someone post few screenshot of the latest update kitkat. Not yet received in my country and quite excited to see it and will also be great update for other users also.

Posted via Android Central App

sarf1946

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Dear SKDroid
I haven't rooted my phone yet, OTA shows no update avaialble , currently i am running 4.1.2 ( Saudi Arabia)
I have tried to update through LG support tool but it shows upgrade available please visit LG Electronics: Consumer Electronics & Appliances from LG | LG USA also upgrade button was not enabled. So i tried an option upgrade recovery option then its automatically started downloading software around 1836MB , finally i successfully updated though LG support tool, after rebooting my phone still shows 4.1.2 !! pls advise :(

SKDroid1234

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Sarf, It should read 4.4.2. Else I believe the update failed. Since you tried recovery option I am not sure what happened.

Sent from my N550JV using Tapatalk

SKDroid1234

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Under Carrier: ATT there are only LGP505, 870, 925, 925P, 930, 930P, options and AD600, CT815, GS390GO, GW820,

I checked all other carriers and still no "E" anything.

E980 is definitely ATT. Can you call and check with att? I see that some e980 users on att have successfully updated.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

David Brainum

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
E980 is definitely ATT. Can you call and check with att? I see that some e980 users on att have successfully updated.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

My phone is an E980 for sure. The update tool does not give me the option for that. It won't connect to the phone although when I connect the phone to the computer via usb, I hear the little connection notification. I cannot seem to find asolution for this although I have ben told that as long as I can boot into twrp and/or get into download mode, I should be able to get it back up.

David Brainum

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi David,
Did you look at the XDA link [GUIDE] [E980] Fix soft bricks. Flash back to stock using LGFLashTools - xda-developers before? It exactly details the process to set E980 to stock. It also has a link to download the stock image file.

Yes, I tried these exact instructions multiple times but the com ports do not show up in the device manager even if I show hidden devices. The flash program does not see the phone. I appreciate any help possible.

SKDroid1234

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that the drivers are not correctly installed on the PC you are trying on. Can you try the same process on a different PC?

David Brainum

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying all suggestion on this thread and others and i have had no luck. I have decided to send it back to LG for repair. Since I have had it less than a year it is still under warranty. Due to the fact that this phone has been rooted though, it might void my warranty. Is there a way to completely wipe out any signs of root? Is there a way to completely wipe the internal storage? (I can only boot into twrp and get it into download mode) Thanks for any help.

uchitshah

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone is an E980 for sure. The update tool does not give me the option for that. It won't connect to the phone although when I connect the phone to the computer via usb, I hear the little connection notification. I cannot seem to find asolution for this although I have ben told that as long as I can boot into twrp and/or get into download mode, I should be able to get it back up.

Dude I LG update tool first select your country. Then go to install drivers and then you will your exact model no. Then it will work perfectly.

Posted via Android Central App

Jhelum B

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the E98810e version in India. I am going to attempt an upgrade when I get home. I would have rooted and custom rommed my phone a long time back but I have been so happy with the phone the way it is that I just did not want to root it. I would love to get more home themes though. Kitkat or JB this phone still rocks my socks off ;)

chrisviewpad

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally, I have gotten the KitKat 4.4.2 update OTA (~690MB) for my OGP LG-E988 in Singapore.
Sadly, only Knock Off feature is available. No Knock Code/Knock On feature with this update for LG OGP (LG-E988).

tiltshiftfocus

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi just wondering if any of you who updated to Hong Kong or Singapore E988, do you have the transition animation bug?

Like for example when in the Settings app, you click a menu and back out you get the "opening" animation instead of "closing" animation.

Just a small cosmetic frustration.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995