LG Optimus V quit working

cellsee6

May 26, 2012
Visit site
The phone woke me up one morning at 5 am, it was flashing the LG logo on and off. I pushed the menu button, the phone would not respond. Called Optimus support, told me to remove the phone from the charger,
remove the battery from the phone,
remove charger from the A/C, plug charger into phone, plug charger into the AC and turn on phone (with no battery in it) . Phone screen said it needed a battery.

Unplugged phone from charger, inserted battery, inserted charger into phone and phone worked for about 2 days. Then it died again.

Obtained RMA number from Optimus, sent phone in for repair. They sent it back and it has the exact same problem. I have just sent phone to them again for repair.

1.) Anyone else had a problem like this? How did you resolve the problem?

2.) What is your experience with Optiums phone repair?

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Almost definitely sounds like a battery issue alone....?
This is indeed interesting and a "new" problem I haven't read or seen before :(
Good luck though :)

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
could be a faulty charger ...or wall outlet. Like the previous poster said, its pretty rare..so the chances of getting two phones that act this way is really weird.Sounds like something power related.. cord, battery, wall outlet. wish you the best of luck sorting it out ... thats a toughy.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
The phone woke me up one morning at 5 am, it was flashing the LG logo on and off. I pushed the menu button, the phone would not respond. Called Optimus support, told me to remove the phone from the charger,
remove the battery from the phone,
remove charger from the A/C, plug charger into phone, plug charger into the AC and turn on phone (with no battery in it) . Phone screen said it needed a battery.

Unplugged phone from charger, inserted battery, inserted charger into phone and phone worked for about 2 days. Then it died again.

Obtained RMA number from Optimus, sent phone in for repair. They sent it back and it has the exact same problem. I have just sent phone to them again for repair.

1.) Anyone else had a problem like this? How did you resolve the problem?

2.) What is your experience with Optiums phone repair?

call customer service and have them send a replacement phone,charger and battery. one of the three are the problem or a combination of several together. each piece of hardware is covered under warranty. and if needed the company will ship all to eliminate the issue. it sounds like to me either your battery is faulty or the charger/charger cable. i don't think simply replacing the phone is going to fix the problem. the new one will probably stop working if used with the bad battery/charger combination.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid