LG Sport Watch Charging Display -----

Derrick Carson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

I recently received my LG Sport Watch and coming from a Moto 360 Sport I am used to having a "clock" displayed while the watch is charging. I use this as my bedroom clock and I was hoping the LG Sport Watch had the same function. Anyone know if this is the case or if there is a way to turn that function on. Right now, since I like having screen always on disabled, all i get is a black screen. I know I could keep screen always on but i'd rather have time display rather than just the watch face. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Me three. Previous watch was also the Moto 360 and I really like the bedside clock functionality - it's practically a must have for me now. Having the LG Sport only since yesterday afternoon, and thus only one overnight charging session, here's what I've observed:

• You must have the display set to "always on" in order for the "dock clock" function to work.
  • Since I prefer having the "always on" setting off, this means I have to change this every night before I go to bed, and then back again every morning. This is going backwards as far as features. I didn't have to do this with AW1.0 and the Moto.
  • This morning, before I removed the LG from the dock, I noticed it had a blank screen, which makes me think it possibly turned off once it reached 100%. Will have to test to verify, but that if that's true that is a definite fail.
  • The manual says on Page 12, Charging Your Watch step 3: "While your watch is charging, the screen will show the time, battery percentage and charging progress (indicated by the ring around the outside)." No mention of having to set display to "always on". This implies that it is supposed to work like the Moto did.

Last edited:

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I've figured this out. The trick is to go to Settings>Developer options and enable Stay awake when charging . This works even if you have the display always on turned off.

DaDoc04

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings/about... Tap on build number rapidly until you see that you have enabled developer settings... Then do what the post from earlier says

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds