LG Transpyre VS810pp (secure booting error 1003)

LOCKEDAWAY

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Ok guys so I have this LG Transpyre. Here is the history.
I'm running 5.1.1 lollipop and just rooted using kingroot. I then attempted to install TWRP using flashify. I flashed TWRP file and now every time I try to get into recovery I get this secure booting error 1003 and it gets stuck on the LG screen displaying the error message. I can remove the battery and the phone will power on normally. And operates normal. I just can't get into recovery mode. Which we all know is not really a issue unless you want to customize your phone. I could just use it like this because it works. But I want to be able to get into recovery.
So my question is this.... I downloaded my OTA update. If I go ahead and allow that to install will that overwrite my current corrupt recovery partition with a stock updated one? Or if that doesn't work can I use flashify to flash back to stock? I would really like to speak with someone who knows what I'm talking about here. I've hit a dead end every time.

Last edited:

LOCKEDAWAY

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/870217-lg-transpyre-vs810pp-secure-booting-error-

Hey I have posted in here looking for a few fixes. And no replies. I have all the luck huh?lol. Would you mind d trying to help me. I'm somewhat experienced so I should be easy to talk to. Lol. If so pls email me and I will explain my issues. [email address redacted by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Similar threads merged. I moved the merged thread to the More LG Phones forum (since there is no dedicated subforum for the Transpyre), but if you'd prefer, I can move it to the General Help forum -- it'd get more traffic there, but it might also get buried more quickly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to have to tell you this after all your work in posting on half the internet, but the only way to fix that problem is to reflash the ROM. And the only way to flash an LG is with LGUP, a Windows program. There's no way to "fix" the phone without a PC.

(And you'll lose everything you did to the phone since you got it. Emails will still be there, once you set up your email account(s), any apps automatically backed up to Google will restore, but everything else is gone.)

What you did was corrupt the system, and the only thing you can do now is replace it, also called flashing it.

(BTW, the LG VS810 is not the LG V10, just so you know [you posted the question in that forum].)

LOCKEDAWAY

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I had to post it here. There's never a forum for my device. Maybe android central should create one!!!!! Hint hint!!! I did the v10 cuz it's at least a v series. Lol and I know I need to flash it. I was wondering if I can flash it using flashify I have my stock rom file. I need to convert it to a zip file so it can be flashed but after that I should be ok right? I mean flashify allows you to flash custom ROMs. Why would it not allow to flash a stock rom. IDC about losing my stuff. I just want my phone back to normal. Lol. I can an always backup all my stuff no problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJavierL