LG-V10 officially no longer supported.

dkettel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
It really annoys me that my phones last longer and are in nearly mint condition still way after the software is dropped off the list of supported phones. I got my LG-V10 over 3 years ago, and it has been a great device. However, sadly, I will have to look for a new phone soon.

I also found out that at the end of 2019, apple updates will no longer work on the Iphone 5 series of phones. Sorry mom, I guess I will have to get you an Iphone 7 or an 8. According to Apple, the 7 and 8 will still be up-gradable for at least another 3 years.

Anyway, back to the LG-V10, I reached out to LG and and this is what I got back. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but its the world we live in I guess. Heck I still have a mint condition Samsung Note 3, and really its still a great camera and I also use it for music in the garage.

Sorry I got off topic again. Here is the statement from LG, I noticed the last 4 in the number is 0000...... "Fake Phone Number!" (Elaine from Seinfeld)

"Good day Deric,

This is regarding your V10(vs990) phone that is no longer receiving an update. Upon checking on the software history, the latest software version of this model is VS9902BA which is the latest version of your phone, it means that your phone is already up-to-date

You may check on this link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150227710071 . sadly , there is no available update anymore after that update.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Live Chat or phone at 1-800-243-0000. Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!"

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you like the phone and it's working well for you, keep using it. It's not like it'll stop working or become infested with malware tomorrow (unless your doing a lot of questionable stuff to begin with.

I can understand wanting security updates, but Android is already a rather secure OS. Version updates haven't been much more than bragging rights in my experience. I personally avoid updates because there isn't anything Earth shattering in most of them, and I've had a bad history of them corrupting something or taking away wanted features. It's all risk and no reward for me.

dkettel

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
If you like the phone and it's working well for you, keep using it. It's not like it'll stop working or become infested with malware tomorrow (unless your doing a lot of questionable stuff to begin with.

I can understand wanting security updates, but Android is already a rather secure OS. Version updates haven't been much more than bragging rights in my experience. I personally avoid updates because there isn't anything Earth shattering in most of them, and I've had a bad history of them corrupting something or taking away wanted features. It's all risk and no reward for me.

You make some good points for sure. Maybe I'll see if I can set a record for the longest V10 phone still working. hahaha

Douglas Barr2

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Have 2 V10s H901 T- Mobile and a H900 AT&T the H900 I have had for 2yrs 6 months and the H901 for 3 years (H901 bootlooped 2 months ago) bought a new Motherboard and it is back up and running well. The 900 has worked flawlessly since I got it. Use it every day.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Have 2 V10s H901 T- Mobile and a H900 AT&T the H900 I have had for 2yrs 6 months and the H901 for 3 years (H901 bootlooped 2 months ago) bought a new Motherboard and it is back up and running well. The 900 has worked flawlessly since I got it. Use it every day.

I have the H900 AT&T too. Still use it as a music player all the time. Has a great sound with the DeX chip. I've had it since they released the phone. Still working great!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just keep using it... thats what I'm doing.

I don't need OS updates to keep my devices safe. Responsible + safe usage goes farther and longer for security than updates.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine is still going without a bootloop as well. I have moved on to the Note 8, but still use the V10 as a second, or third, camera. This thing still rocks.

Still using mine as a media player at work. Audible and Spotify sound great through the headphones. Much better than my Note 9. Mine has never bootlooped but did get a repair for overheating at one point.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe