LG V20 camera screen cracked today

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think posting that you've dropped your phone and there's no damage helps the person who started this thread.

His post was about spontaneous damage to an already flawed design. I'm sure he feels good reading about your phone that's perfectly fine.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think posting that you've dropped your phone and there's no damage helps the person who started this thread.

His post was about spontaneous damage to an already flawed design. I'm sure he feels good reading about your phone that's perfectly fine.
Care to prove the 'flawed design' theory? If it was flawed, we'd see huge numbers of reports. In reality it's just a few reports that keep getting talked about. And some of those reports have admitted having the phone in the same pocket with keys or dropping it into the bottom of a purse. Just because someone doesn't specifically drop their phone doesn't mean the camera glass couldn't have been damaged in some other way.

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Care to prove the 'flawed design' theory? If it was flawed, we'd see huge numbers of reports. In reality it's just a few reports that keep getting talked about. And some of those reports have admitted having the phone in the same pocket with keys or dropping it into the bottom of a purse. Just because someone doesn't specifically drop their phone doesn't mean the camera glass couldn't have been damaged in some other way.
Having a brittle material (um, tempered glass) be the initial and main point of contact and impact each and every time you put your phone down (because of the huge camera bump) seems like a pretty flawed design to me. Unless it's going to be changed to Sapphire, you always run the risk of damage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay.. I cleaned up some posts. Let's not go down the troll road. Want to debate in a civil manner? By all means .. go ahead!

Want to be condescending and rude just to be that way? Please head elsewhere.

Thanks! :).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Having a brittle material (um, tempered glass) be the initial and main point of contact and impact each and every time you put your phone down (because of the huge camera bump) seems like a pretty flawed design to me. Unless it's going to be changed to Sapphire, you always run the risk of damage.
I can't speak for 100% of the breaks, but all of the ones I've seen have a center point of breakage. I.e. It looks like it was punctured. I would think if it was spontaneous shattering, or at least breaking from flat contact, that the break pattern would be more uniform. That's why I question the validity of these weak glass claims and not surprised LG isn't so quick to fix them under warranty.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for 100% of the breaks, but all of the ones I've seen have a center point of breakage. I.e. It looks like it was punctured. I would think if it was spontaneous shattering, or at least breaking from flat contact, that the break pattern would be more uniform. That's why I question the validity of these weak glass claims and not surprised LG isn't so quick to fix them under warranty.
Exactly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays