limited network access - Note 5 - Volkswagen. What can I do?

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
"limited network access" - Note 5 - Volkswagen

I just got a 2016 GTI which has the MIB II system. I am able to connect to Android Auto most of the time. When I am using it, I'll press the mic button to give it a voice command such as "take me to the closest Domino's". It'll tell me I can't do it because of "limited network access" and I can do such things such as "call mom".

Trying to get this working because without the mic button, I can't enter in addresses or places with the keyboard unless I'm stopped.

Play Music, Google Maps, phone calls work.

Kinda sucks cause I was really looking forward to using Android Auto!

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
To follow up on my original post: If I an connected to data via wifi I don't get the "limited network access" message.

So maybe its a restriction on my data through my cell phone.

Any ideas?

focus535

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I had exact same problem. It turned out that "Restrict Background Data" was set to "on" for Google App on my device. Once I set it to "off", everything started working.
Go to "Data Usage" in settings, scroll down and tap "Google App" and set "Restrict Background Data" to off.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I had exact same problem. It turned out that "Restrict Background Data" was set to "on" for Google App on my device. Once I set it to "off", everything started working.
Go to "Data Usage" in settings, scroll down and tap "Google App" and set "Restrict Background Data" to off.
Worked like a charm. I can finally be happy! Thank you so much!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlossinsurance