Line app password question

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would assume the password is for the first time you log into the app on any device. As long as you don't manually log out, it's pretty standard on most apps to remain logged in. That's why a good phone screen lock is important -- so that if someone steals your phone, they can't break into all of your sensitive accounts.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I would assume the password is for the first time you log into the app on any device. As long as you don't manually log out, it's pretty standard on most apps to remain logged in. That's why a good phone screen lock is important -- so that if someone steals your phone, they can't break into all of your sensitive accounts.

What do you mean by "good phone screen lock"? I only use the default samsung fingerprint and pattern lock

I see lock screen app in playstore, I thought all phones have its own lock screen function, I wonder why people need to use 3rd party app? 3rd party app seems more dangerous if the app fails and unable to unlock screen to access phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "good phone screen lock"? I only use the default samsung fingerprint and pattern lock

I see lock screen app in playstore, I thought all phones have its own lock screen function, I wonder why people need to use 3rd party app? 3rd party app seems more dangerous if the app fails and unable to unlock screen to access phone.

That's what I mean -- a screen lock that is secure, like your fingerprint or a pattern that isn't super-simple. (An example of a terribly insecure screen lock would be a PIN of "1234".)

You're right, there's really no need for a 3rd party lockscreen app, and most of them will be on the shady side (i.e., who knows where your data goes, and also expect lots of intrusive ads). But there are probably a few lockscreen apps that might give some useful added features, like a lockscreen widget (which Android used to have back in the KitKat days).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is the purpose of a lockscreen widget? How does it work?

I press the power button once to lock my screen.

It was a neat feature that allowed the user to place certain widgets on the lockscreen, to give more information on the lockscreen than what's there by default. See this old article for more information: https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/enable-lock-screen-widgets-in-android-4-4-kitkat/. I'm not sure exactly why Google got rid of them, but maybe there were some security issues involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae