Linkbucks and Ad.fly ruined my phone!

goosegog

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I'm looking for help to fix my HTC One please. Whenever I click a link in my Twitter app, I end up at a Linkbucks page. Does anyone have any experience of this and are you able to advise me of a fix please? Thank you!

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I'm looking for help to fix my HTC One please. Whenever I click a link in my Twitter app, I end up at a Linkbucks page. Does anyone have any experience of this and are you able to advise me of a fix please? Thank you!

What browser are you using?

Sent from the Resistance Hidey Hole in Taco Nation, while using an HTC One.

goosegog

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Standard Android browser. If I do a factory reset there's hours of work getting my phone back to how I like it. Surely there's a fix? What does sideloading mean in regard to apps? I only get them from the Play Store.
Thanks in advance.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Standard Android browser. If I do a factory reset there's hours of work getting my phone back to how I like it. Surely there's a fix? What does sideloading mean in regard to apps? I only get them from the Play Store.
Thanks in advance.

Check the browser settings, see if it changed anything. Look for weird apps and such in the application settings. Otherwise, use Chrome. Still not satisfied? Factory reset? And if that doesn't work, I always take phone donations. :rolleyes:

Sent from the Resistance Hidey Hole in the Taco Nation, while using Tapatalk 4 on an HTC One.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks in advance.

If you don't install 3rd party apps from outside the Play Store (sideloading), then you somehow let those programs overtake your phone.

Try these - they're reputable. You should be able to identify and uninstall the apps causing the problems.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector

phoskys

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody, sorry for my English, i solved that problem, changing the DNS in the options of the wifi, some app that i installed, change the DNS and redirecting all the links of twitter, facebook to linckbucks, then i wrote the google DNS, in firstplace 8.8.8.8 in second place 8.8.4.4, and problem solved.