Liquid Retina XDR vs SAMOLED Display

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
As long as I’m here to ask my Updates Pending question in the other thread I just had to ask... have you all heard about the new iPad Pro 12.9” that incorporates a new mini LED display coming out next month? Apple is claiming that it has a 1000 nit sustained brightness and 1600 peak brightness with 1,000,000:1 contrast. I was just wondering, for those of you with the SAMOLED Tab S7+, how do those numbers compare to our Samsung tablets? And what are your thoughts? I for one find it hard to believe that Apple’s new slate will be able to rival Samsung’s best but what are your predictions?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time hearing about that new display, but my one and only question is if there is a risk of screen burn in like you get with AMOLED.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time hearing about that new display, but my one and only question is if there is a risk of screen burn in like you get with AMOLED.
I think one of the benefits of Mini LED over OLED is that it doesn't have any chance of burn-in or loss of brightness over time. This being the first tablet to feature Mini LED, and the fact that its not out yet, means we'll have to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech