can start new messages directly from contact info

macro setting in stock camera app

battery manager

noise canceling mics

video scenes

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The screen size is killer. I like the feel of it too. The ogube is really solid. I actually like the physical buttons at the bottom. My toddler plays games on my phone a lot and having physical buttons prevents her from hitting them accidentally. I even like the hump on the too back. It makes the phone a little easier for me to type on using swype.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Panaramic pictures. HDMI out, car/desk dock...oh and battery lasts all day.

I hate the physical, clickable buttons though.. that is laaaaaaame that they used them.. it's like they took a step backwards in progress.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Panaramic pictures. HDMI out, car/desk dock...oh and battery lasts all day.

I hate the physical, clickable buttons though.. that is laaaaaaame that they used them.. it's like they took a step backwards in progress.

You and I have the exact same likes and dislikes.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The buttons are light leaking lame! It is like 1984 all over again. The rest of you are right, and despite the buttons, 1Ghz Omap A8 is a nice speedy touch: ) I also like having a radio built by Motorola, the one who builds radios for Police, NFL, Fire, Emergency, on and on. Great signal.

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Love the X

Speed, screen size, camera, and battery life. I agree, the push buttons are a major step backwards. You have to push them to hard which really slows the user down. Other than that, the X is Sweet!!!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Speed, screen size, camera, and battery life. I agree, the push buttons are a major step backwards. You have to push them to hard which really slows the user down. Other than that, the X is Sweet!!!

I don't think that the physical buttons are a step backwards or something that slows me down. The physical buttons have become a big help to me because I don't accidentally hit the buttons like I did when I had an EVO. This phone is made perfect for me.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the Physical buttons. They are harder then others to push down but overall, I prefer physicals buttons over touch buttons.

I like the form of the phone, size, large screen, speed, HDMI out, nice camera.

What I don't like (this goes to a lot of the Droid phones) battery life.

Colt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Physical Buttons

Ok, a step backwards is definitely a bit harsh. I probably would be accidentally hitting them by mistake if they weren't physical buttons. The phones a keeper in my book!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Physical buttons mean something extra to break and repair should you accidentally break one of the buttons.'

I dont know about you but I've never "accidentally" opened an app, closed an app, hungup a call, rang someone using the haptic touch buttons..

When touching around on the screen, the last thing I want to do is click on a physical button.. look at all the "war" movies from the early '80's.. click buttons and switches, knobs.

now look at Minority Report.. where did all the buttons go!?!? HMM.. it's a step backwards in the phone evolution.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I really hated the physical buttons on the Droid X. Hard to press. That is the only thing I hate about it on hardware side. On the software side, Motorola is not artistic at all. Makes UI things look ugly.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
When I first swiched from my Droid 1 to my X I liked the physical buttons better. Now I'm wondering wtf was Motorola thinking because after using a Fascinate, the capacitive buttons definitely make the physical buttons feel cheap. The camera button on the X also feels like it's about to fall off (way too cheap). Other than that it's solid.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really hated the physical buttons on the Droid X. Hard to press. That is the only thing I hate about it on hardware side. On the software side, Motorola is not artistic at all. Makes UI things look ugly.
Yeah the Motoblur UI sucks but if you root the phone you can install custom ROMs that get rid of the blur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii