Location services not working

karaze49

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with the location services of some apps. Whenever an app needs to check my location, it doesn't find anything even with GPS turned on. Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

karaze49

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, turns out a restart worked this time. Didn't work last time, but everything is working fine again.

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
So it's already been this long and I still have this problem. Even when I go on the google mobile site, it says that my location is unknown. The weather/time widget on the main screen just says "current location". Does anybody have a fix for this? It's starting to get really annoying.

Do you have gps feature turned on?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

karaze49

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would have It on and off and both didn't help. I just restarted it and it seemed to fix it. Last time it didn't, but everything is cool now.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I would have It on and off and both didn't help. I just restarted it and it seemed to fix it. Last time it didn't, but everything is cool now.

Yeah I'm a huge battery save user and thats why I keep all those buttons on one screen so I can conserve the battery. I will look into NFC a little more maybe have good turn on when in the car .

karaze49

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I thought this issue was fixed with a restart, but it only helped for a little while. It's still acting the same, so when I go on Facebook and try to check in somewhere it can't find my location, with GPS on and off. This occurs when any app needs to find my current location, and its fixed for a couple minutes when I restart, but this is gonna be really annoying if I have to do this all the time. Anyone know of a fix for this? I feel if I take it to sprint, they're going to do the same things I've already done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I thought this issue was fixed with a restart, but it only helped for a little while. It's still acting the same, so when I go on Facebook and try to check in somewhere it can't find my location, with GPS on and off. This occurs when any app needs to find my current location, and its fixed for a couple minutes when I restart, but this is gonna be really annoying if I have to do this all the time. Anyone know of a fix for this? I feel if I take it to sprint, they're going to do the same things I've already done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's one of biggest fears when u have an issue with Sprint. is taking my android into their repair and they want to reset everything. Every freakun time just like the sun sets, they want to reset the whole dang phone.....:p:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helloworld