Lock screen question

eddieo

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone is configured to use fingerprint unlock.

When I hit the power key to turn the screen off, then hit the power key again to turn it back on, I am presented with a "swipe" screen, where I need to swipe to get to my home screen.

I would like to set up the phone so that when I hit the power key to turn the screen off, then hit power key again, I do not have to have a swipe screen, but instead go directly to my home screen.

I have secure lock settings set to timeout to lock screen after 5 minutes, but within that 5 minute window would like power key to deliver me straight to my home screen.

Thanks for any help.

-EddieO

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Lock screen and security

Secure lock settings

Secured lock time

Choose which time u want

Posted via the Android Central App

After reading your question again, seems as though I misunderstood. I thought u wanted your screen to lock immediately. Sorry

eddieo

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope, looking to kill the swipe screen, above and beyond just having it remain unlocked.

(Thanks for your reply though)

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just press down and hold the home button. It should recognize and unlock right to your home screen

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope, looking to kill the swipe screen, above and beyond just having it remain unlocked.

So you have NO lock and just the swipe? Correct? If so, I'd suggest getting the fingerprint scanner set up. Then you can press the home button to turn on and it's very quick to go to a screen, no swipe needed at all. That would bypass the swipe. If you put your thumb (or other finger) just right when you press the home button, it goes right in.

Unless there's an app that will not use a lock and a swipe screen. I don't know. I prefer a lock of some sort on my screen especially since I decided to use this more for work instead of paper notepads and such.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Can't do it. I just have mine to. secure lock immediately and instead of turning my phone on with the power key, I use the home key. I have my thumb as the fingerprint, press and hold the home key, unlocks the phone and no swipe.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't do it. I just have mine to. secure lock immediately and instead of turning my phone on with the power key, I use the home key. I have my thumb as the fingerprint, press and hold the home key, unlocks the phone and no swipe.
I do the same. It was driving me crazy to have to swipe sometimes and put my finger on the home button to unlock. This way is much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone is configured to use fingerprint unlock.

When I hit the power key to turn the screen off, then hit the power key again to turn it back on, I am presented with a "swipe" screen, where I need to swipe to get to my home screen.

I would like to set up the phone so that when I hit the power key to turn the screen off, then hit power key again, I do not have to have a swipe screen, but instead go directly to my home screen.

I have secure lock settings set to timeout to lock screen after 5 minutes, but within that 5 minute window would like power key to deliver me straight to my home screen.

No such option. The power button can get pressed accidentally when you're carrying the phone. Without the need for a swipe confirmation, you'd often be bu tt-dialing, bu tt-deleting, etc.

As others have mentioned, if you have fingerprint unlock enabled anyway, you may as well set the timeout to zero and always unlock the phone with a single fingerprint-press of the home button (rather than using the power button). Then you never have to swipe.

Last edited:

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
The only way I've found to do this is to have one of the Samsung flip cases (clearview, S view). When you open the cover, there is no need to swipe: it goes straight to the home screen, unless you have exceeded your lock time. Then you et the fingerprint screen.

eddieo

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all for your advice.

I'm coming to the Note 5 from the good ol' Note 2, where it was possible to access home screen with power button only and no swipe. That way provided I was within my 5 minute lock timeout, I could drop to the home screen easily with the power button.

Typical use case for me is I'm fishing the phone out of my pocket, and want the phone to be ready to look at immediately. Pressing power key is a lot less thumb bendingly, phone-droppingly awkward than the homekey fingerprint scan.

Ah well, I'll adjust, or work up the courage to root and Cyanogedmod it.

EddieO

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all for your advice.

I'm coming to the Note 5 from the good ol' Note 2, where it was possible to access home screen with power button only and no swipe. That way provided I was within my 5 minute lock timeout, I could drop to the home screen easily with the power button.

Typical use case for me is I'm fishing the phone out of my pocket, and want the phone to be ready to look at immediately. Pressing power key is a lot less thumb bendingly, phone-droppingly awkward than the homekey fingerprint scan.

Ah well, I'll adjust, or work up the courage to root and Cyanogedmod it.

EddieO

Do your thumbprint sideways, very easy to unlock.

Also the AT&T and Verizon variants can't be rooted, the phone will not boot up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers