Lock screen unresponsive? (NOT charger related)

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've found my first problem. Several times now (and getting worse), when I press the power button the touch screen is completely unresponsive, so I can't draw my pattern or swipe the 'cover' screen away. The incoming call controls are also non-responsive. The first few times it happened, simply pressing the power button a few times fixed it. Then it was I had to power cycle it. Then I had to remove the battery. Now even removing the battery doesn't restore it all the time.

The capacitive buttons DO light up when touched, and they also will keep the lock screen on if I keep pushing them.

It ONLY happens after the phone has gone to the lock screen (or the 'cover' screen when the lock is disabled). I have had zero issues when the phone is actually active for a period of time - I even ran a couple tv shows to keep it on, and it works fine. But once the screen turns off, I have issues.

It is not the AC charging/screen issue already reported, because it happens off the charger as well.

I'm concerned that this might be a software bug. I'd think that if it was hardware, that the touch buttons wouldn't work either,. I do have the phone rooted, but I used the 'one step' method and have not touched anything else. Basically just used it to install ad blockers.

Anyone else come across this one?

Last edited:

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am getting many freeze up slow responses from the screen as well, I am completely stock and with the recent update installed 2.36. I guess I have to take my phone in for an exchange because I did a hard reset, restore to factory settings, and I did several battery pulls. Any other ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201