lock screen.widgets

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I want to set Google play music as my widget on the lock screen, so I can skip tracks or go back without unlocking the phone. I could swear I used to have it that way, but now am unable to set that back.

If I chose the music lock screen, it only uses the HTC music player app. If I do widget lock screen, I have very few outings to pick from, and Google play music is not an option.

Was I imagining that I had it before, or am I missing something? I do love how sense looks, but sometimes it is very non intuitive!

Posted via Android Central App

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried that app, but it didn't work, I just had a blank space on the lock screen, that would do a strange highlight when I hit it, it didn't do anything.

So oddly enough, the widget for google play music popped up again briefly on its own, and then vanished after I had to reboot the phone. It was a nice black box, with white text, giving me artist and name of song, with a rewind, pause, and fast fwd button. I have no idea why it came back, but I really wish I could bring it back and keep it back.

Sigh, sometimes sense is not intuitive.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried that app, but it didn't work, I just had a blank space on the lock screen, that would do a strange highlight when I hit it, it didn't do anything.

So oddly enough, the widget for google play music popped up again briefly on its own, and then vanished after I had to reboot the phone. It was a nice black box, with white text, giving me artist and name of song, with a rewind, pause, and fast fwd button. I have no idea why it came back, but I really wish I could bring it back and keep it back.

Sigh, sometimes sense is not intuitive.

The Google play widget will stay on the lock screen as long as your playing music from it

Posted via Android Central App

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Got mine vack up finally, but it won't do anything...wonder if my phone is messed up, I also can't keep my Swype keyboard active , it keeps going away too ....may need to reset it

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen