Lollipop Animations and Colours: Yay or Nay?

Lollipop visuals: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters

Knudroid

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I also like a darker theme, and the app tray is just ugly, hope it's just a work in progress. But otherwise like it so far

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I would like a darker theme as an option, I would probably want it more if my device had an amoled screen because of the power savings but from 4 or so hours since I've updated the white theme is kind of growing on me.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like a darker theme as an option, I would probably want it more if my device had an amoled screen because of the power savings but from 4 or so hours since I've updated the white theme is kind of growing on me.
I agree. If I had a phone with an AMOLED screen, I would definitely want a darker theme much more.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Nay!

While I'm not a fan of the current look, I understand it appeals to some people. For everyone else, we need more choices---at least the choice of a dark theme (i.e., black background).

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good, but some things need tweaking.
Well, yeah, have you SEEN the notifications inside the notification panel? Why are they pale white and separated blocks while the rest of the notification panel itself is a muted grey-ish color with bits of skyblue for sliders and whatnot?

Edit: I just spoke about this with a Google UI Engineer and he said it was to differentiate between notifications versus controls. I suppose that makes sense. It'll take awhile to get used to for me, though.

kasblah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Animations are nice, slicker and faster, but the colors are absolutely atrocious! I would appreciate the ability to customize the colors to my own liking.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not a big fan of material design or the colors, but the animations are kind of cool. I think I'll stick with KitKat for a while.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-man

Christine Nothanks

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I completely dislike the orange color in the messages screen. you can modify the background color of your text messages but can't omit the orange. It's very ugly. Why they wouldn't have made it the same green/blue color as contacts/phone is strange.