Lollipop bluetooth connection issue (no media) App Radio 3

KRCsimple

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Alrighty so here's the issue...

I get in the car. I turn on my App Radio 3. I fire up the bluetooth on my Nexus 6 with Lollipop (5.0 and 5.1) and it connects fine (already paired). Phone and media both work.

I turn off the App Radio 3. I turn it back on.

The bluetooth auto connects. However it connects as PHONE only with "No Media" connection.

It requires me to turn off the Nexus 6 bluetooth and turn it back on and it'll connect back with media just fine.

This is an issue with Lollipop specifically, as with Kitkat on my Nexus 5 I never had this issue. Current iPhones connect and reconnect just fine with the App Radio 3.

What could be the problem? And how do I notify google to potentially get this resolved?

Troubleshooting:
Updated from lollipop 5.0 to 5.1 firmware and it still has the same problem.
Updated the App Radio 3 firmware from 08.02 to 08.05 and it still has the problem.
Cleared android cache.
Deleted the pairing many times and re-paired.

All to no avail.

Last edited:

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, i just got an appradio 3 and am having the exact same issue with a Nexus 5 and a Oppo OnePlus...

did you ever find a solution?

KRCsimple

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey, i just got an appradio 3 and am having the exact same issue with a Nexus 5 and a Oppo OnePlus...

did you ever find a solution?

Nope I never found a solution. Software updates didn't fix it.

Your oneplus running lollipop? Considering you are using a nexus 5 and a oneplus - it's obviously not a Nexus 6 (2014) hardware problem, it's a lollipop problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator