Lollipop update corrupted my private mode files. Anyone know how to fix them?

A

AC Question

I've seen others with the same problem. Let me know if anyone has found a way to fix it.. I hope it's possible.

sangvann

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I've talked to Samsung customer support, and it seems that there is no way to fix or open them. He claimed that it would be fixed in the next update, but it may have just been a method to calm me down and get rid of me.

xespx

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Customer Service told me that there's nothing they can do. My phone updated automatically and I didn't get a chance to backup some very important files. The woman mentioned that nobody else had reported such a problem, as I did it moments after I updated and couldn't find a single thread about it. Now that I see it's happened to others, perhaps they'll try to work out a solution.

I'm keeping the files as they are for the time being in hopes of getting a fix. If anybody hears anything, please let us know. I'd be immensely grateful.

tfmarsili

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
To anyone that suffered this private mode decryption disaster, today is the day. I have a Note 4 on AT&T, and I installed a software upgrade (today, April 14) that finally made all of my previous private mode files viewable again! Hoorah! Hope everyone is able to get this update and put this mess behind them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The lesson learned here is

ALWAYS have every important file backed up off the phone. Having too many backups is like having too much money - it can't happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos