Lollipop update not happy with emal or new FB

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Saw the email problem as well. That finally pushed me to outlook, with me dumping Gmail app as well.

Samsung really vetted the code before pushing it out... Not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

markread

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to thank you for posting this note. I have been searching the backwoods of the Internet regarding this problem. Only since the update have I had problems with my tablet. Facebook app, as well the messenger app are now freezing, crashing, and at times causing the tablet to reboot. I'm also getting notices on the screen that other apps loaded, but not currently in use, have shut down. Gmail app is also failing, but not always. The camera app is crashing too.

On other boards there are many, many posts of issues with the blue tooth connections no longer working. There are also many reports of contacts with Samsung support stating they have not heard of any of these issues.

Last edited:

chuck88iroc

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Kathy, do a long press on an email message. Boxes will appear next to each message allowing you to individually delete them. It is really stupid. Why the select boxes can't allows be there is anyone's guess.

Chuck

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Gmail for one account and built in Email for my business account. To delete emails I simply go to my list and swipe left or right and they are sent to trash bin. I've had no problem since 5.0.2 update. I don't like Facebook app, I use Dolphin browser to see Facebook. No problems there either.

Posted via Android Central App

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
In the email app, go to menu>settings>general settings>display. At the bottom is "Hide checkboxes". Set accordingly.

64cd2c19612b0ec7acd4e6e26d9cfc59.jpg

Last edited: