Long delay trying to make calls

anon(59657)

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Last 6 weeks or so, I have been experiencing a long delay between trying to make a call and when it actually goes through. You can push all the buttons to make a call (callback from visual voicemail, call from recent calls list, click someone in the contacts list, type in the phone number - doesn't matter how you do it, result is the same), but it will take from 10 seconds to a few minutes before actually placing the call. The phone appears to be functional during that time - you can click around and fire up apps - but it just won't dial. I have noticed:

1. Not a problem if the dialer you use is a bluetooth interface (from a car) as opposed to the on-screen interface.
2. Often can be cured by flipping in and out of airplane mode.

There are a few other threads on this in the "HTC Rezound" forum, but that forum seems to get a lot less traffic than this "Verizon HTC Rezound" forum. Just a few people reporting problems so far, nothing conclusive.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-rezound/292327-phone-issues.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-rezound/304629-deep-freeze-when-making-call.html

Anyone know what is going on here?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue for several months. Hate to say it, but I solved it by moving to the GS4... smooth experience, and the battery is much better.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. It occurs when I also reboot after battery change. Once my first call goes through the rest are fine. I am thinking it is time for a reset...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
By "reset" I was agreeing to a Factory Default Reset, not just a reboot. Sounds like things need to be cleaned out.

claytonbryant

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue, but not identical. Whenever making outbound calls I would get a black screen with the spinning progress circle for about 15 seconds. I cleared the cache partition which did not seem to help. Then I started uninstalling recent apps. After uninstalling Hulu+, Aereo and Call Control it started working fine. My guess is that it was the app "Call Control", but it could have been the others or some weird combination of the three.

Not sure if all of that is relevant but maybe someone will find it useful.

Good luck!

TroyBald

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Clayton, I struggled with this for the last month or so and couldn't figure it out. Saw your note online about call control, deleted that exact same app off my phone and presto chango, problem solved. Thanks my man,!!!!! Muchos gracious!!!!

Ted Nidiffer

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I do not have the Call Control app, but I do have Hulu+. And I installed about 3 months ago which is about how long I think I have been having this problem... Not sure If I will get back here to let all know if it solved, but I will definitely be back if it doesn't fix =)

Jessica Smith

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, y'all are going to kill me. But I have my sister's phone with me now for another issue and now see that for some odd reason, since she rarely downloads apps herself, there are 2 apps on her phone that I didn't realize were there. One is called SMS Backup & Restore and the other is called SMS Backup+. What the heck. Only thing I can think of is maybe when I put the Canon print app on her phone, it downloaded those 2 also? That has to be the reason why her phone numbers and SMS's were going to her Gmail. Unreal.

I feel so badly now when surely this is why she was having her issue. The filter though that I set up in Gmail was preventing them from coming in so now I'll just delete those apps. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello