Looks like already some support for Root occuring ;-)

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure of TOS here, but some other site (u kno the one) has begun work on Root/SU
Opens many possibilities for those so inclined.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty exciting! I might end up rooting, however I've never owned an HTC device before so I'm kind of eager to try sense. Can't be any worse than touchwiz. However its good to know the options there if I want good old vanilla jelly beans like my gnex

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty exciting! I might end up rooting, however I've never owned an HTC device before so I'm kind of eager to try sense. Can't be any worse than touchwiz. However its good to know the options there if I want good old vanilla jelly beans like my gnex

Got tired of sense after about a month then I started crack flashing like crazy! Check out Team Bamf they do some really cool stuff with Sense.

Sent by the elves living in my iPad Mini.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure. Unlock via HTC Dev. Root access isn't as magical as it once was. (But still, mad props to the guys and gals actually doing the legwork there.)

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks like some progress was made yesterday, as long as you're willing to unlock your phone via HTC there are steps to continue.
Now if we could just get it in our hands..

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
the Dev Team has done a great job and created a Circumvention to unlock the bootloader last night , and some files which provides root (s-ON though)
There's some youtube / websites that have the directions it's not for the feint of heart, those may want to wait a week of so till a more automated way comes.
This DOES do bad things for warranty etc as you know (though I returned my tbolt without any issues once ;-)
I've completed the process and now installed Titanium Backup and some others I like. I'm sure over time the s-OFF will be found and distributed.

One note: I did this now, early because the unlocking bootloader resets you phone.. so all that setup, screen and apps Kapooot..
I can now start customizing for the long term.