looks like Android 5.1 is very close at hand...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure they can use some kind of google glass microscope or something to see the quarks and then they will be able to fix them.

Seriously though let's hope they get this iteration of lollipop perfect. What is now a great tablet will be even better.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, they apparently have yet to overcome a southern accent vs their voice to text software so I may be wrong ;) I'm sure I said Quirks not Quarks to my phone :p
Back OT, I have read some good things (yes it seems to go back and forth but things are being confirmed now) headed our way via 5.1 so fingers crossed...

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I keep doing check for update every few hours and it says up to date I'm still on 5.0.1 what gives?? The internet said it was released is there something wrong with my ota?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they fix all the memory and whatever other problems that make this thing stutter and pause so much. I'm checking the usual news sites and factory image twice a day.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
my Nexus 7 had the same problems my Nexus 9 had bug/stutter wise, the 5.1 update on the N7 is working perfectly so I'm sure the N9 will be perfect once it receives 5.1 :)
God I can't wait..... :)

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome :)
Coming from an n7 2012 I'm use to a lot of battery life. The n9 just doesn't quite match the old n7 there. A bigger screen & white backgrounds take their toll.....

I have both the 2012 N7 and the N9 and the N9 trumps it in battery life. N9 has fantastic battery life.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say that the n9 battery life is bordering on bad. Its not even close to as good as my n7 2013. Chrome is mostly responsible for this. I forced stop chrome and started using puffin and my battery life has increased significantly, but Still not as good as the n7. Its acceptable now though.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have both the 2012 N7 and the N9 and the N9 trumps it in battery life. N9 has fantastic battery life.

Can you post your "fantastic battery life" screenshot of battery profile, I'm not doubting I'm just curious of your use case since I spent three weeks with no additional apps but stock delivered and I'm lucky to get 4hrs of screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is highly dependent on your brightness setting, also you have to have the adaptive brightness turned on. If you have a lower enough brightness you can get a lot of time. Some places test with 200 nits, others with 150 nits. However I don't know how to set that without extra equipment, but I know if I turn it fairly low I can get around 7 hours or so general browsing.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm with brosko on this one, chromes my main killer. I always keep my brightness on dead 0 but browsing all these forms with chrome takes a real toll on my battery :( I suppose that's normal in cases with hard use but I'm hoping that 5.1 bumps it up a little bit anyway :)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm with brosko on this one, chromes my main killer. I always keep my brightness on dead 0 but browsing all these forms with chrome takes a real toll on my battery :( I suppose that's normal in cases with hard use but I'm hoping that 5.1 bumps it up a little bit anyway :)

Chrome actually takes more Battery life than the screen and even when using it with screen on all of the time. That is absolutely ridiculous. I couldn't believe it when I saw this in the batt stats.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Agreed its all chrome here too, puffin and uninstall chrome and I have 1-3 lags a week usually when doing a lot inside YouTube or Google Play Music, with chrome I get 2-6 lags and redraws a day.

Just put 5.1 on my N7, its like a brand new tablet and I find I'm using it now more than my N9 just because of how fast it is, I can't wait til the N9 gets it, its gonna be sweet!

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Did I say Very close??? I ment Very much on down the road ;)

I know it won't be much longer, just couldn't resist ribbing myself (The Great Predictor) :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris