Looks like the ipad mini is a no-show meaning HUGE SALES for n7

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
October 23? Not a 7" but 7.85" , 4 to 3 aspect ratio having about 40℅ more screen area than Nexus 7. Will the larger screen make it more popular than the N7 size if the weight can be kept down to ~400 grams?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
October 23? Not a 7" but 7.85" , 4 to 3 aspect ratio having about 40℅ more screen area than Nexus 7. Will the larger screen make it more popular than the N7 size if the weight can be kept down to ~400 grams?

I thought rumors claim that it will not be a 4:3 aspect ratio

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
There were some rumours that it would be 16 to 9 aspect ratio but the predominant and most recent opinions are that it will be like the iPad2 just smaller screen diagonal as far as the screen goes. The internals of course will probably be different. In other words "rumour has it"- we shall see if they actually announce on 10/23. Perchance could at least some of these rumours be "official Apple" leaks to build up interest and maintain center stage position? That probably happened with the iPhone5.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if the Ipad Mini ever comes out, it will still be out done by any AND every Android tablet, because apple will still limit what people can do with their devices as they have done since the first iphone came out.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
$350 at a minimum and probably more. . . . Remember the 4" iPod Touch is $299 for the cheapest model. Expanding to a 7" screen, even with no other improvements, will drive up the price. Not only for the raw materials but the very real risk of cannibalizing their own sales with more competing products.

yeahh there's no way they're going to start pricing the iPod Touch at what it's really worth lol. I mean it made sense 10 years ago when the technology was fairly new to the public, and electronics were more costly in general (I mean, in high school I gladly forked over $300 for a 32GB ipod video).

twenty years down the line if they still make iPods, I won't be surprised if it'll still be priced at the equivalent of $300, even if they haven't made any revolutionary changes to the design. whereas an iPhone is a phone, an iTouch is essentially a 4" tablet.

Mongooze2

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I read that they were having some supply issues but I've seen nothing that indicates a delay of several months, much less not showing up at all

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Appears more "rumors" of the ipad mini showing up in Germany store screen shot. 16 DIFFERENT configurations, sheesh. Talk about overkill.

iPad Mini configurations and prices reportedly revealed | Apple - CNET News

Look at the configurations, it is basically 8, 16, 32 and 64 GB, with and without cellular, and a choice of black or white. That's just 8 hardware configurations, not exactly overkill.

The 8GB WiFi is obviously to compete with the budget tablets, since they are charging an extra ?100 for the 16GB WiFi. And the rest are to provide some choice for those willing to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone