Lost my week old Note 2..

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was driving around with some friends last night on some back roads. At some point, during one of the many piss break stops, it was kicked to the curb. It's insured through sprint so I know I'm about to drop another $200 for a new phone but sprint does cover loss. Correct?

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not postitive but I thought loss/theft and water damage were the 2 things they didn't cover? If it is covered the deductable might be higher for that type of claim.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not postitive but I thought loss/theft and water damage were the 2 things they didn't cover? If it is covered the deductable might be higher for that type of claim.

I just got a GN2 from Best Buy, and for sure with them, loss and dropped in water were the things not covered.

I thought I heard that with Sprint/Asurian, loss was covered?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got a GN2 from Best Buy, and for sure with them, loss and dropped in water were the things not covered.

I thought I heard that with Sprint/Asurian, loss was covered?

Best buy covers water damage just not lost or stolen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Best buy covers water damage just not lost or stolen.

They do not cover submerged in water damage. Maybe they distinguish between submersion and other water damage, I am not sure, but drop it in water or get in the pool with it in your pocket, they don't cover that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
They do not cover submerged in water damage. Maybe they distinguish between submersion and other water damage, I am not sure, but drop it in water or get in the pool with it in your pocket, they don't cover that.

Sorry but my daughter got pushed into the pool while her phone was in her pocket at a party. It was completely submerged. She's also dropped her epic in the toilet. Again completely submerged. Yes both were covered.

Edit: You were talking about the Best Buy insurance... I am talking about asurian

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Edit: You were talking about the Best Buy insurance... I am talking about asurian

Exactly, the comment I replied to indicated BB covers water submersion, which they don't. Asurian does.

The other difference is there are deductibles with Asurian, no deductibles with BB, in case anyone is deciding between the 2.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, the comment I replied to indicated BB covers water submersion, which they don't. Asurian does.

The other difference is there are deductibles with Asurian, no deductibles with BB, in case anyone is deciding between the 2.

Yes they do... I work there. It doesn't cover submersion if there's water pouring out if it stikl. but we take claims for accidental pool and toilet dives all the time.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes they do... I work there. It doesn't cover submersion if there's water pouring out if it stikl. but we take claims for accidental pool and toilet dives all the time.

Then I suppose YMMV, the associate I bought mine from gave these 2 examples specifically when describing events that are not covered. Hope I never have to find out.

I don't know what "stikl" is if that is relevant to your point.

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I have to admit, filing an insurance claim with Asurion was google times faster and easier than dealing with black tie bs. I filed my claim today at 10am and took me no more than ten mins. It's now 10:30pm and I just received an email from Asurion with my fedex tracking number. Phone will be in my hands by 4:30pm tomorrow!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Then I suppose YMMV, the associate I bought mine from gave these 2 examples specifically when describing events that are not covered. Hope I never have to find out.

I don't know what "stikl" is if that is relevant to your point.

Typo.... *still.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I have to admit, filing an insurance claim with Asurion was google times faster and easier than dealing with black tie bs. I filed my claim today at 10am and took me no more than ten mins. It's now 10:30pm and I just received an email from Asurion with my fedex tracking number. Phone will be in my hands by 4:30pm tomorrow!

YUP... I think the Sprint (Asurion) is better than Black Tie from Best Buy. I've had both. Yes you will pay more for Asurion but if you ever filed a claim at both, the service and coverage is better with Asurion. I think it's worth it.

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you can't beat Asurion. I washed a load of clothes and my Maxx was in my jeans pocket. Filing the claim couldn't have been easier and since this happened on a Sunday, I had to wait until Tuesday to get a brand new replacement. Asurion is by far and away the best phone insurance.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you can't beat Asurion. I washed a load of clothes and my Maxx was in my jeans pocket. Filing the claim couldn't have been easier and since this happened on a Sunday, I had to wait until Tuesday to get a brand new replacement. Asurion is by far and away the best phone insurance.

In all the years I have had smart phones worth insuring, perhaps about 3 years, I have never filed a claim. I am likely never going to file a claim and depending on the phone of choice I like working with and if that phone is still available third party for a good price, I sometimes cancel the insurance if I think I can go a while before getting the next phone. I don't necessarily upgrade every 2 years, but will if there is a compelling device better than what I have. (With the GN2, the bar is raised this time for sure.)

So for me, understanding the differences between Asurion and Best Buy, for me Best Buy was by far the best choice. Its less expensive per month and a replacement, in the very unlikely event I need to, is free. Also, after I understand more about my options and I see root alternatives that I want to use, I will be rooting the phone. If I mess up a phone because of a failed root, Best Buy will take it back, I don't know what Sprint/Asurion will.

This is the first one I have insured through Best Buy, so it remains to be seen if I will actually like it, if the insurance is necessary, but I am definitely happy with the choice I made thus far.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
In all the years I have had smart phones worth insuring, perhaps about 3 years, I have never filed a claim. I am likely never going to file a claim and depending on the phone of choice I like working with and if that phone is still available third party for a good price, I sometimes cancel the insurance if I think I can go a while before getting the next phone. I don't necessarily upgrade every 2 years, but will if there is a compelling device better than what I have. (With the GN2, the bar is raised this time for sure.)

So for me, understanding the differences between Asurion and Best Buy, for me Best Buy was by far the best choice. Its less expensive per month and a replacement, in the very unlikely event I need to, is free. Also, after I understand more about my options and I see root alternatives that I want to use, I will be rooting the phone. If I mess up a phone because of a failed root, Best Buy will take it back, I don't know what Sprint/Asurion will.

This is the first one I have insured through Best Buy, so it remains to be seen if I will actually like it, if the insurance is necessary, but I am definitely happy with the choice I made thus far.

Yes I have returned bricked phones for replacement through both asurion and sprint.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just learned about an app called PlanB in the app store.. It would be great for finding a lost phone.. But.. The phone may be dead now :(

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have returned bricked phones for replacement through both asurion and sprint.

They returned a phone to me because it was rooted... but that was years ago when android was still in it's early stages. Donut much? (Yes, I've had a cupcake phone also)

Sent from my G-Note 2

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

Just bought mine and the dude said water damage is included. Gotta check the booklet

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts