Love pen on the Ultra!

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Having used Notes in the past I almost never used the pen. I just got an S7+, primarily as it was the only way I could find stock on the pen.

However, I really like it on the Ultra! I find it's better on the phone than the tablet. Primarily since S7+ is just so huge. It's hard to free up a hand to hold the pen.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a gimmick, but I've enjoyed playing with it.

I want a flip case that opens upwards like an old school notebook. Bonus points if it's magnetic and attaches to the mous limitless.

EDIT: This thread is about a Pen... I want a notebook style case to store it in to have a notebook and pen, largely to feel like a film noir detective when I take notes. I've clarified, as the concept of a notebook and pen is apparently more difficult to grasp than I originally thought.

Last edited:

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

I want a flip case that opens upwards like an old school notebook. Bonus points if it's magnetic and attaches to the mous limitless.

How are you defining "gimmick"? Why are you talking about some hypothetical case in this thread?

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Look it up yourself and because I can. But also because it's apropos to the thread.

Look up apropos yourself, too.

I didn't ask you for a dictonary definition of the word. I asked you want it meant to you. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you were using "gimmick" in some unusual way. I guess I will accept your claim that you understand the meaning of the word, and therefore meant to say something so obviously wrong.

As for why you think it reasonable to include a description of a bad idea for a case in a thread dedicated to the S-Pen, I can't imagine.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I've foud it usefull for swipe typing and web browsing on the phone. It just feels very natural. It can be much more precise.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
well I had a an old Samsung Chromebook and hardly used the pen and right before I sold it I started using it and loved it. Mainly used it to scroll up and down go forward and backwards on the browser and close out tabs but I liked it and when we got our new HP Chromebooks we bought the HP compatible USI Pen. I don't use it much but I am looking forward to using the one on this phone. I got just the pen by itself with my accessory credit but it's been delayed due to weather in Texas. My husband cancelled his case/pen accessory cause he has a pen from his S3 tab and it works fine. I can't wait to get my pen.

Last edited:

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: This thread is about a Pen... I want a notebook style case to store it in to have a notebook and pen, largely to feel like a film noir detective when I take notes. I've clarified, as the concept of a notebook and pen is apparently more difficult to grasp than I originally thought.
Hmm. That's an interesting idea. I did giggle about the detective thing.

But to be honest with you, as long as I've had notes, I never ever had thought of, say, as you stated, the pen being up top, with a flip, up and down motion, and possibly pulling the pen out from the side. Very, very clever idea IMHO, and in that case, I would like it more than even the way the note pens are stored.

It could also double a a stand, with a possible added benefit of the magnetic system, being "under" the bottom lip of the phone.. That would indeed be very cool(I know you didn't mention that, but your idear got my mind rolling).

Hmm.. Interesting

puredrive07

Jan 29, 2021
Visit site
I never wanted the Note for the S Pen so the S21 Ultra was perfect for me wanting a larger screen phone without a Pen. Fast Forward to picking up Tab S7 with my Samsung Credit and I find myself actually enjoying using the S Pen from the S7 on the S21 Ultra. Is it a deal breaker to not have the S Pen on the S21 Ultra? No its not, I'd still purchase the Ultra without an S Pen, but its nice that I have the capability.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I never wanted the Note for the S Pen so the S21 Ultra was perfect for me wanting a larger screen phone without a Pen. Fast Forward to picking up Tab S7 with my Samsung Credit and I find myself actually enjoying using the S Pen from the S7 on the S21 Ultra. Is it a deal breaker to not have the S Pen on the S21 Ultra? No its not, I'd still purchase the Ultra without an S Pen, but its nice that I have the capability.

Mine just came today and I am enjoying using it. I won't use it all the time but I like it and it was free with my credits not sure I would have bought one myself.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Had this been Lord Apple you wouldn't be calling it a gimmick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678