Low Internal Storage, but All Apps are on SD Card!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Some partition formats don't work with some ROMs.
What ROM do you have. What format did you use: ext.2, ext.3, or ext.4?

Note: You partition can never be more than 20% of the actual space available of the SD card, but you need at least a 1GB-1.5GB partition for Link2SD to work properly with no more than a 2GB partition.
If you have less than a 8GB SD card then it will not work properly, and could corrupt the SD card faster.
8GB=1GB partition max
16GB=2GB partition max

For more info go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/695963-link2sd-tutorial-new-updated-version.html

rodelbusa

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
plsss help ,, i use a link2sd... my problem is the ''sd card 2nd part was not found'' how can i do...

my internal was full but my sd card not full... i think 24 percent in my sd card... but my internal... wow very full 90 percent

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Please post what ROM and Gapps your using, what recovery you used to flash it, what you wiped and formatted before flashing, how big is your SD card, how big is the patition on the SD card, and what format is the partition on the SD card.

Smythius

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
It has been my experience with big capacity micro SD cards( I have a Sandisk 16GB class 4 with 40MB/s read speed that allows my SD card to be read faster and thus allows for faster boot up times and makes my apps on the SD card open faster) that you need to start with a clean freshly installed ROM. Make partition in the recovery (this is the only way it will allow the partition to function properly) and reformat to what you need with Mini Tool Partition Wizard. Do not wipe with Mini Tool as this will Bork the partition.
Only use a format option in any utility used. This is the safest way to erase data from the SD card.

If the partition was made with Mini Tool then use a utility called "Boot It" to straighten out the SD card then put back in phone and select erase (make sure it put the needed folders on the SD card). Then format as specified.

Download Link2SD, open it up and select the format of the partition you made. Reboot.
Download the App you used to backup your apps. Restore those apps you want, or need to be on the system.
Go back to Link2SD/settings/auto link and auto select location.
Go back and restore the rest of your apps. Done!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

What do you mean by "Bork the partition?" I have a 128GB SD card that I partitioned using Mini Tool to a 64/64 Fat32/ext4 and I cannot get the 2nd partition to mount so I can use Link2SD. Can you please explain how I need to format/partition the card so that it will mount the 2nd Partition please?

DinaBailey

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I found that most of my space was being used up in directories created by Mac OSx, .Trashes. Places to "undelete" files. Plus LOST.DIR, files which became unlinked in a filesystem scan.

Genius. My internal storage and external SD card were both doing this. The breakdown of the storage usage on both cards added to LESS than what it was saying was being used total, because the breakdown didn't include the hidden files. Deleted .Trashes and, voila! All is well again.

Phdintheory

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Exceed 2 / Rooted / 8G SD (Single partition) / Links2sd installed

The phone was just "factory reset."
Pics, music, personal apps placed on SD via computer.

I've "looked" at the app (Links2sd) and I think I have a basic understanding of what the program is going to do. What I'm going to do is not so clear.

I've got a decent phone but there's a really cool game I want to play. (Real Racing 3) It's huge!
I've got it saved, and I can place it directly on to the SD card, but during the course of the game it requires additional downloads (assets/Cars, levels, etc) There doesn't seem to be any way to get this download information to go to the SD card so I assume it's being held internally.

This allows me to have a few other apps installed on the phone, and a few of the "additional downloads" required during game play. Soon though however, I run out of space and just when I'm about to get a cool Lamborghini I get an "Insufficient storage"

I'm thinking that you guys were going to tell this guy he could have moved this folder (data/data) to the SD card using Links2sd to the SD card and every time the game needed to download an asset it would place and run it from there?

Can you tell me how?

Thank you all in advance!

podraigh

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Can't. Even. Either make a simpler path to using what you are selling or quit selling it. REALLY ?!?!?!?
I just want to find out why my Kindle keeps telling I'm out of local memory, and won't do anything else, when I bought and installed a large SD card from an approved source ?!? Quit the crap and tell me 1 or 2 ways I can make it work !!

DeruazPepin

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem.
"Storage Space" tells me I hav an inernal phone storage space of 16GB with 5.52GB for Android, 9.26GB of APPs, 427MB of Files and 824MB of Free space.
my android/data is only 64MB
If I go in the APPs detail I see all the app that reports to be in the external storage!!

It says also my SD Card is 59.45 GB with 21.75 GB of Files and 37.69GB of Free space
on the SD Card the Android/data is 11.2GB

It seem to me that whenever al my apps are on the internal storage, it beleive they are on the internal space.

How this is possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci