LTE/ 4G option - international version

Klanbo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
So, I bought a G3 (a white D855 32gb) from Dubai a few weeks ago to replace my 16gb UK version.

However, it doesn't have an option in network settings for 4G. My SIM is definitely 4G enabled as it worked fine on my last phone and I can get around this using the 4G switcher app, but it defaults back to GSM / WCDMA option on reboot.

The phone has just been updated to version V10i-AME-XX (an Arab version I believe) as I was hoping that would fix it, but still no option for 4G.

Screenshot attached of what I can see, there should be a 4th LTE / 4G option at the top. Any ideas on why I can't see it? Using a UK (o2) SIM in an international phone perhaps?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2810.jpg
    2810.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 42

Klanbo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, but it has the same effect as using the 4G switcher app I have. I can get 4G until I reboot, then LTE gets disabled.

Would be good to have a permanent solution without rooting.

nstirton

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought a G3 (a white D855 32gb) from Dubai a few weeks ago to replace my 16gb UK version.

However, it doesn't have an option in network settings for 4G. My SIM is definitely 4G enabled as it worked fine on my last phone and I can get around this using the 4G switcher app, but it defaults back to GSM / WCDMA option on reboot.

The phone has just been updated to version V10i-AME-XX (an Arab version I believe) as I was hoping that would fix it, but still no option for 4G.

Screenshot attached of what I can see, there should be a 4th LTE / 4G option at the top. Any ideas on why I can't see it? Using a UK (o2) SIM in an international phone perhaps?

Hi guys, exactly the same issue here with my new G3 32gb. Inputting the various codes in the dialer to try to manually activate doesn't work, get an error message saying "not supported".

Very grateful for any help you can give!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe