LTE and GPS interference

ubiquito

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe that no one else is discussing this issue as it pertains to the Thunderbolt delay. As someone stated somewhere in another thread, this could be the sole reason we haven't seen it yet and could potentially be the reason that we never see LTE at all.

Google it.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that was a different frequency. VZWs is 700 and the one in question is 1560 I wanna say. And it's only the frequencies that butt up to the gps ones that are causing the issue. I believe Lightsquared or somebody is currently on that frequency. So I don't believe that is the issue, but I could be wrong.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that was a different frequency. VZWs is 700 and the one in question is 1560 I wanna say. And it's only the frequencies that butt up to the gps ones that are causing the issue. I believe Lightsquared or somebody is currently on that frequency. So I don't believe that is the issue, but I could be wrong.

"LightSquared intends to offer an LTE service in the United States that operates in the range of 1525 to 1559MHz. That's worryingly close to the 1559 to 1610MHz band used for GPS -- too close for comfort, in fact."

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Verizon's LTE or the TBolt delay.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's speculation at this point. I think it's pretty well known that reasons for the delay is Skype, various hand-off issues, and probably other miscellaneous things. If this were the reason (even a reason) for the hold up, I'd think someone would have mentioned (leaked) this by now.

Probably something to keep an eye on, though. If the phone comes out before March 5th, I'll test out LTE + GPS and let you know if they seem to interfere.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and if you do not remember most of this frequency used to be used for analog TV so I doubt they would sell it after that if it was an issue.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
myth-busted.jpg

Reactions: blizz419

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24