LTE on Nexus 4

anthonytward

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for the new Nexus 5 release like a lot of people so 'in for a penny' I did my first ever Root! and then thought, how about I have a go at flashing the new 'Hybird LTE; radio update and BINGO!! worked first time. So now I am wondering weather bother getting the new 5!

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The nexus 5 doesn't really have any big improvements. I mean yes its going to have LTE and a bigger display and resolution but thats pretty much it. It has the same 8MP camera, quad core CPU and 2gigs of ram.

It's up to you.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
The nexus 5 doesn't really have any big improvements. I mean yes its going to have LTE and a bigger display and resolution but thats pretty much it. It has the same 8MP camera, quad core CPU and 2gigs of ram.

It's up to you.

I agree (it's probably just sour grapes ;) ) you can overclock your N4 to 1.944ghz which is plenty fast...a bump up to 2.3 isn't really required...the only downside being burning through battery and possibly melting you device. But otherwise, the N4's screen is the perfect size...

jose3456

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It also has a snapdragon 800 processor , new camera ,different design to it and not everybody has an over clocked nexus 4 and 2.3 GHz is pretty fast. Your getting pretty high specs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Is the revised nexus 4 getting LTE? I heard they are updating the nexus 4 with the launch of nexus 5.

There's a link in another thread to an article detailing the existing N4 having been certified for its existing LTE radio. Unless they do a new submission for a revised model with an upgraded chipset, the N4 would only be certified on bands that accommodate T-mo's LTE network (which would be fine by me, since I'm on T-mo).

Strictly conjecture on my part, but I'm wondering if T-mo might have bought out the remaining stock in conjunction with certification being done to allow for use on its network under promotion as an extremely discounted phone for Black Friday / the holidays, with LTE enabled...

I'd be very surprised to see Google formally relaunch a revised version of an older model to run in competition with the new N5 as it seems counter to their historical strategy with Nexus models.

raysgrumpy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about upgrading from the 4 to the 5. I'll be thrilled if they update the 4, that I have, to use LTE. I'm on T-Mobile and they're rolling out LTE in my area. My wife is starting to get it on her LG G2.

anthonytward

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for the new Nexus 5 release like a lot of people so 'in for a penny' I did my first ever Root! and then thought, how about I have a go at flashing the new 'Hybird LTE; radio update and BINGO!! worked first time. So now I am wondering weather bother getting the new 5!

Attachments

• 1382806657166[1].jpg
    1382806657166[1].jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 118

Tien-Ju Yu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Plus and anybody have thoughts on the clearance for N4 for LTE? Hearing rumors KitKat could turn the LTE functionality on finally

Posted via Android Central App

anthonytward

May 19, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

It's T-MO AWS band.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-28-13-02-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-28-13-02-57.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 24

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Turns out the certification was for update Bluetooth profiles, LTE was mentioned in passing in the phone's description, probably a clerical error.

There's been no indication of the N4 being resubmitted to the FCC, so this is likely just the internet being stupid again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Tien-Ju Yu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression band 4 is aws? If there's a difference between Verizon and Tmo aws I am sorely confused. In any case, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Posted via Android Central App

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Your right. But I think there is no need to over clock its fast enough with 1.5ghz. But only problem I have is the battery.

But I still love it.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Strictly conjecture on my part, but I'm wondering if T-mo might have bought out the remaining stock in conjunction with certification being done to allow for use on its network under promotion as an extremely discounted phone for Black Friday / the holidays, with LTE enabled...

Intriguing idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis