M icon in status bar

Rocky Rocksss

Jul 12, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I am using a IQOO NEO 6 and from few days i am seeing a m icon in status bar prior to network indicator

See attached snapshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712_151919.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712_151919.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Swipe downwards twice in a row from that upper Status Bar and that should result in an extended listing of all the icons with their text naming.

I think the tricky thing here is that the icon doesn't appear to be a notification icon, but rather a system status bar icon (like the cell signal and wi-fi bars), so it may not show up in the full notification panel with more details. But it's certainly worth a try!

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Swiping down twice has been a long-standing Android feature to show the expanded Status Bar icons with text identifiers. The Status shows Android OS services, Notifications app services.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Swiping down twice has been a long-standing Android feature to show the expanded Status Bar icons with text identifiers. The Status shows Android OS services, Notifications app services.
Typically, when swiping down, you only see expanded information from the notifications on the upper left side. Nothing more is shown about any system icons on the upper right side.

Unless there is a need to show something for whatever reason.

For example, on my S20 FE, I have my morning alarm on and always running, and the icon for that is displayed in the upper right. But when swiping down the notification shade, there is nothing about my alarm to show. Also nothing even if I have hotspot turned on and that icon showing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Typically, when swiping down, you only see expanded information from the notifications on the upper left side. Nothing more is shown about any system icons on the upper right side.

Unless there is a need to show something for whatever reason.

For example, on my S20 FE, I have my morning alarm on and always running, and the icon for that is displayed in the upper right. But when swiping down the notification shade, there is nothing about my alarm to show. Also nothing even if I have hotspot turned on and that icon showing.

Right, that's what I was thinking. One situation where the double swipe down might be enlightening, though, would be if that M icon corresponded to something that also had a Quick Setting button (like Do Not Disturb, for example).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20