M9 question after update

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the manual AT&T update to work last night, however I noticed that the double tap/triple tap to wake does not work. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I finally got the manual AT&T update to work last night, however I noticed that the double tap/triple tap to wake does not work. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Go into Go to Settings > Display & gestures > Motion Launch gestures. Make sure the feature is enabled. If the problem is still there take a look at this post about what to do to troubleshoot issues that may be occurring after an update: Android 5.0 Lollipop bugs got you down? Here's how you (might be able to) fix them | Android Central

Worst case scenario is you can perform a factory reset. If you do this, be sure to backup and sync all your data.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother doing a factory reset over this, it also causes double/triple tap to quit functioning. Only if you take the OTA cleanly and don't factory reset does that feature work. Resetting and doing a manual update break it. It is a know bug. Hopefully, a fixed will get pushed soon.

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother doing a factory reset over this, it also causes double/triple tap to quit functioning. Only if you take the OTA cleanly and don't factory reset does that feature work. Resetting and doing a manual update break it. It is a know bug. Hopefully, a fixed will get pushed soon.
Thanks for that. I figured it was something like that. Hopefully they'll fix this soon. It was my most favorite feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy