MacBook Pro no longer sees phone

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
After updating to ICS, when I connect my phone to my MacBook via USB, it will only charge. It no longer mounts the USB storage and SD card to allow for file transfer. It will charge, though. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I use USB to transfer/store photos and videos from my phone on my computer.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
After updating to ICS, when I connect my phone to my MacBook via USB, it will only charge. It no longer mounts the USB storage and SD card to allow for file transfer. It will charge, though. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I use USB to transfer/store photos and videos from my phone on my computer.

First issue is you are a traitor. Thanks for supporting Apples Patent War against Android.

Second is I believe with ICS it came with new USB Drivers. Update the drivers and reboot. If that dont help then either buy a windows laptop or buy an iPhone.

:beer::p:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DonnaJ415

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Do you have USB Debugging enabled? Whenever I have an issue with my computer not recognizing my phone, turning that setting on helps.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

1) Settings > Developer options > Turn On USB Debugging
2) Settings > (Under Wireless and network) More...
3) USB utilities
4) Connect storage to Mac
5) When prompted press OK
6) Plug in your USB Cable

Sent from my Nexus 7

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
First issue is you are a traitor. Thanks for supporting Apples Patent War against Android.

Second is I believe with ICS it came with new USB Drivers. Update the drivers and reboot. If that dont help then either buy a windows laptop or buy an iPhone.

:beer::p:thumbup:

Dark Knight I must say I concur!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

1) Settings > Developer options > Turn On USB Debugging
2) Settings > (Under Wireless and network) More...
3) USB utilities
4) Connect storage to Mac
5) When prompted press OK
6) Plug in your USB Cable

Sent from my Nexus 7

I don't see option 3 (USB utilities) in the "More..." section

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue, I used to be able to connect my Epic 4g Touch to my Bluray player and watch video files off of my phone, well since ICS the player can no longer see or connect to the phone. Not like in Gingerbread :-/ I tried changing usb debug on/off and still no luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had this Mac Book since before Apple's recent patent hissy fits. Please go away if you're not going to be constructive.

Its very constructive. Oh trust me it is. Lol. Ill leave the iSheep alone now. :p

Edit: Im just messing around. I own a macbook as well and my wife has the iphone 4S.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raychippw