Christian82

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi maildroiddev, I have got 2 questions for you:
- When do you think you will create an offline version of the client? There is lag, and i cant read old emails when i'm not connected to 3g/UMTS.
- I would like to add email invitations to my calendar. Do you think it will be possible?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering if you plan on adding support for scaling. I downloaded the high res app which makes apps that don't support scaling display small (the app doesn't take up the whole screen). Maildroid is one of them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a minor problem, which probably has more to do with Android than Maildroid, but maybe you'll have an idea what I could do. When I try to download an attachment to my SD card, I am prompted to choose a dl location. As soon as I do, it bounces back to Maildroid with this error: "Process was killed in the background. The message view will be closed." The attachment does not download I thought it might be Autokill at work, so I uninstalled and rebooted the phone. Still get the message. There are no other task killers installed. I have a Droid X, rooted- 2.1 ('cause I wasn't paying attention when the leak came out).

I love this app, and as many others have said, I would be happy to kick down a few bucks to ditch the ads. MD was the final impetus to get me to switch all three of my accounts to IMAP. I look forward to the unified inbox. I really never had an opinion on the icon one way or another, it certainly doesn't disturb me the way some posters seem to be.

Nice work.

I have seen that issue in some of my tests, but was unable to replicate in the new version (1.45), so maybe I fixed it. Expect to see that version this coming Sunday or probably Monday.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi maildroiddev, I have got 2 questions for you:
- When do you think you will create an offline version of the client? There is lag, and i cant read old emails when i'm not connected to 3g/UMTS.
- I would like to add email invitations to my calendar. Do you think it will be possible?

1. I was supposed to have it 100% done for this version, but it is closer to 50% done. I'll explain when I am ready to release.

2. I have written the code to do that, but I have not decided how to implement it yet. So it is on my todo list.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering if you plan on adding support for scaling. I downloaded the high res app which makes apps that don't support scaling display small (the app doesn't take up the whole screen). Maildroid is one of them.

I thought it scaled fine. What is the high res app?

antsm

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi, great app, better than K-9 for me ;)

Just a few suggestions to make it a bit better ;)
1) Displaying current state of mail checking (e.g "Loading 1 of 6 new messages")
2) Displaying progress of obtaining separate message (e.g "Loading YYY of ZZZ bytes"). It will be useful on a slow connections when you obtaining email with a big size attachment, for example.
3) Ability to set download limit for messages (1 or 2 kb, or custom limit).

Keep up the good work!

seandm69

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Pure Messenger widget support

Dev,

Are there plans to implement or allow the usage of the Pure Messenger Widget? i am really digging the widget and also enjoy maildroid. Would prefer to not have to switch over to K9 just because of the messenger widget.

or even plans to develop your own widget similar to the one mentioned above?

Sean

voipman

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Cannot see entire email in maildroid 1.43 (beta)

Hey, anybody has a suggestion to this:

I am running the beta that I downloaded from slideme.com (wouldn't know where to get public version?). I have a Droid X. I love the program. It is such an improvement over the standard mail program which without the ability to delete pop mail off the server is pretty useless. But I have run into a showstopping issue. If an email contains an image wider than the screen (and most are) the text runs off the screen and I can find no way to scroll sideways or to zoom out to see everything?

I am sure this is user error but would appreciate some advice.
:p

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi, great app, better than K-9 for me ;)

Just a few suggestions to make it a bit better ;)
1) Displaying current state of mail checking (e.g "Loading 1 of 6 new messages")
2) Displaying progress of obtaining separate message (e.g "Loading YYY of ZZZ bytes"). It will be useful on a slow connections when you obtaining email with a big size attachment, for example.
3) Ability to set download limit for messages (1 or 2 kb, or custom limit).

Keep up the good work!

1. Will think that over, it is really just some UI change.
2. This is coming in a future release.
3. Yup, was supposed to be in release tonight, but I commented the code out as I wanted to test it some more.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Dev,

Are there plans to implement or allow the usage of the Pure Messenger Widget? i am really digging the widget and also enjoy maildroid. Would prefer to not have to switch over to K9 just because of the messenger widget.

or even plans to develop your own widget similar to the one mentioned above?

Sean

Yes, I am supposed to integrate Pure. I have spoken to the developer, just getting bombarded with other things.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey, anybody has a suggestion to this:

I am running the beta that I downloaded from slideme.com (wouldn't know where to get public version?). I have a Droid X. I love the program. It is such an improvement over the standard mail program which without the ability to delete pop mail off the server is pretty useless. But I have run into a showstopping issue. If an email contains an image wider than the screen (and most are) the text runs off the screen and I can find no way to scroll sideways or to zoom out to see everything?

I am sure this is user error but would appreciate some advice.
:p

You can scroll, but the UI lacks a scroll bar. I know about this issue.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Love the combined inbox and also the default startup. If you could set the combined as default I'd be at least 98% happy.

'Doh. I get a slap across the head for that. I gave options to set a default inbox, but forgot to add combined inbox as one of those options! I'll either add this on the next version or will push it out with a minor update if any small updates will be done in the next few days.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@everyone

1.45 (and then 1.46) was released and includes many features that you have requested!

1. Combined Inbox
2. Select All
3. Mark as spam
4. Default Account
5. Offline IMAP (partial support only)
6. Cut and Paste was fixed
7. High density screens and tablets are now better supported
...and a bunch more

Some of the upcoming features include better folder support and better offline support. This is moving along, and I do hope to be out of beta (yes, an ad free version) by the end of October.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Minor bug/issue. When I click on combined inbox it doesn't clear the star. I still haver to click on the individual inbox to clear it.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Like many here I just got the Droid X OTA to Froyo last night, but after I installed it maildroid got very unstable. It initially forceclosed immediately, but after installing the updated version you pushed it now has improved somewhat, although force closes are still frequent.

It's always been stable for me before, so I was wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall it, or if there might be some issue with 2.2 for the X?

Thanks!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I've only had a single force close this morning (right before I posted that) after the issues last night, and now it seems to have largely fixed itself. Crazy self-healing mobile devices...