Managing my Nexus7

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I got a Nexus7 for Xmas for a change. I have an iPhone and an Apple Macbook Pro so thought I would try something different for a tablet - but I'm struggling with how to manage everything.

How do I manage what is on my device through my computer? How do I transfer files (images/songs) from my laptop on to my device? I'm struggling to find how to work my device through my laptop!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Lewis :confused:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I got a Nexus7 for Xmas for a change. I have an iPhone and an Apple Macbook Pro so thought I would try something different for a tablet - but I'm struggling with how to manage everything.

How do I manage what is on my device through my computer? How do I transfer files (images/songs) from my laptop on to my device? I'm struggling to find how to work my device through my laptop!

All the best,

you need to install this software on mac to use as mass storage device. Its build by Google for all android device to work on Mac

Android.com

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Still! What video formats are supported by the Nexus? I've just popped a .avi on there and it won't play that. Maybe you have a video app you could suggest?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Still! What video formats are supported by the Nexus? I've just popped a .avi on there and it won't play that. Maybe you have a video app you could suggest?
There are many media players available, both for video and audio.

For video, one of the more popular and versatile is MX Player. I also use BS Player. Both are very good. Other users have their own favorites. They all play a multitude of codecs, so you won't have a problem. Also, try Popcorn Player for a fun, resizeable window that overlays other apps. All these are free, but paid versions to get rid of ads (ads only show up if you pause the video) are available.

For music, my current favorite is PowerAmp. I also like jetAudio Plus and n7player. PowerAmp and n7player only have paid versions after the 15 day trial, while jetAudio has free and paid versions.

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I downloaded MX player and it sorted me out :) I have also downloaded VLC as that is brilliantly on my macbook pro, hopefully it will be just as handy on here!

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

All the best,

Welcome to the android world my friend. Be careful because you will get hooked and eventually will have no apple devices left.