Marshmallow update?

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
How does the Verizon version get updated before the WiFi version? Doesn't make any sense...

Posted via the Android Central App

urbhusker

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's the screenshot (if I did it correctly).

Attachments

• acc=1;doc=2404.jpg
    acc=1;doc=2404.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 112

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
So the WIFI version in the US doesn't have Marshmallow yet? Strange since the updated version of the Tab S2 is shipping with Marshmallow. I wonder what the holdup is?

slinky826

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So the WIFI version in the US doesn't have Marshmallow yet? Strange since the updated version of the Tab S2 is shipping with Marshmallow. I wonder what the holdup is?

Samsung wants people to buy the new versions instead of updating the old ones.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
And I was just joking since Verizon is notorious for always being last when it comes to pushing out updates.

Again, not a true statement. I used to own a Lumia Icon (Windows Phone) and Verizon was the first in the US to release the WP8.1/Denim update to its Windows devices.

Here is another example of Verizon not being last. My wife's GS5 got updated to Marshmallow, and the Tab S2 is getting updated as well as other devices. AT&T and Sprint haven't updated their Tab S2's and they haven't updated other devices yet either.

Btw, since I have the WiFi only version, so I'm waiting for Samsung to update mine.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just updated a US 8" WiFi version version to Marshmallow using the UK firmware. It was simple using Odin and the tablet is noticeably faster now. It was fast before but even faster now. I swear I think they are holding it back hoping people will buy the updated version with the slightly faster processor since it's already on Marshmallow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick