Mass storage not working anymore

Bonhomme08

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

Since a while I've this problem, with my good old Galaxy S II (with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4), that I can not detect my phone on any computer to transfert files on it. So, I decided to factory reset it today hoping that I would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it still does not work. Pluging my device in a PC will only recharge the phone. I do not see the "mass storage" menu that I was used to see. Trying to active it manually (using this: How to enable USB mass storage on Android 4.0 ICS Samsung Galaxy S2? - JayceOoi.com ), will show the step 6 with the android's mascot that I was used to see, but instantly disappear.

Anyone have any clue of what would happen?

Thank you for your time in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried different USB cables? Cables can fail unexpectedly.

Bonhomme08

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Yep, of course. With multiple wires on multiple different computers. The problem really seems to come from the phone.

Also since I factory reset the phone. The power button is extremely sensitive. Instead of pressing, touching it triggers the events. I can't even use my case because my phone will thing I constantly hold the power button.

My phone is kind of old. Maybe it will be the time to change it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000