[MEGATHREAD] How do I turn on "Connect to URL"

A

AC Question

When sent a web address via text message, I cannot connect to it and instead get the message above. However, when I go to 'settings' on my LGG2, there is no option to turn on URL. Can anyone help me to be able to open web pages sent via text?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 "Go to settings and turn on URL" but I have no option to "turn on URL"

Welcome to Android Central! Are you looking in the main System Settings, or the Messaging app's settings? Open the Messaging app, tap Menu>Settings, and see if you can find the option there.

A

AC Question

cannot connect to url

Hi fellow Lg users. Im having trouble on how turning on my url to connect to mobile data. Whenever im clicking the link given on me via text message, it says that "go to settings, connect to url" but when i go to settings, there's none. How will i turn on my url when there is no bitton to tirn it on? I try turning on first my mobile data but there's no use. I cant use my free data. Please someone help me with my connection issue. A very big thanks to all of you. God bless.

A

AC Question

cannot connect to url

Hi fellow Lg users. Im having trouble on how turning on my url to connect to mobile data. Whenever im clicking the link given on me via text message, it says that "go to settings, connect to url" but when i go to settings, there's none. How will i turn on my url when there is no button to turn it on? I try turning on first my mobile data but there's no use. I cant use my free data. Please someone help me with my connection issue. A very big thanks to all of you. God bless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: cannot connect to url

Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone do you have, and which carrier are you using? Do you have mobile data with your plan? What do you mean by free data--are you talking about the data allotment that your plan gives you?

URL means the web address (e.g., "www.androidcentral.com" is a URL)--it's not something you turn on. If your mobile data is turned off, you'd have to turn that on.

What is the exact message that you see when you click on a link in a text message?

DwSarar

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G2 "Go to settings and turn on URL" but I have no option to "turn on URL"

Go to your messages. Press the 3 dots. In the list that pops up settings should be on that list. Press settings and in that next list URL connection should be there it also warns of phishing scams!

A

AC Question

How to turn on URL when you don't have that choice in settings

Received an text msg with an web address but phone won't let me open it. It tells me to go to setting and turn on URL but my phone does not have this option.

fixius

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to turn on URL when you don't have that choice in settings

1. Go to your app list/application manager

2. Then open the Messages app under "All"

3. Hit the three-squares button.

4. And hit Settings.

5. Put a tick on Connect to URL to enable this function

sandy1273

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site

Go to your messages. Make sure you don't click on any messages or threads, you need to be zoomed out, but looking at the list in order for the right menu to appear. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner, select settings. Once you click that, on the next list, click General Settings. On the next list, you should see Connect To URL at the top.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why am I unable to connect to a URL?

I'm assuming by the double post, your first message was posted as a guest and later you quoted yourself within a created account..

I would suspect that everyone who has a smart phone has at least one way to access the web view a built in browser.. Let's hope no one has removed the browser from your smart phone. But I'm assuming again that you're wanting to connect via a wifi/wireless devices and depending on your service provider (AT&T, Verizon etc) you will need to have or create a hot spot at your location or be allowed to access someone else wifi via a code they would allow you to use.

So without more information and detailed information on what server you're using or how you're attempting to access the net you will need to post more relevant information.
However, if you allreayd have a wifi service instaleld in yoru home but can't access this because:

• You could be in a blind spot within your home which cause the wifi signal to be lost.
  • The wifi service has not be adjusted correctly as to allow for wireless/wifi devices to access the Internet within your home or dwelling.
Either way, you might be looking at obtaining someone from customer service or someone like geek squad via Bestbuys to help you connect.

phyllis axley

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi fellow Lg users. Im having trouble on how turning on my url to connect to mobile data. Whenever im clicking the link given on me via text message, it says that "go to settings, connect to url" but when i go to settings, there's none. How will i turn on my url when there is no button to turn it on? I try turning on first my mobile data but there's no use. I cant use my free data. Please someone help me with my connection issue. A very big thanks to all of you. God bless.

Message says cant open this page 'go to settings and turn on url. Its making me crazy & i dont hav far to go. SOS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Margie Tanner

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: cannot connect to url

Welcome to Android Central! Which LG phone do you have, and which carrier are you using? Do you have mobile data with your plan? What do you mean by free data--are you talking about the data allotment that your plan gives you?

URL means the web address (e.g., "www.androidcentral.com" is a URL)--it's not something you turn on. If your mobile data is turned off, you'd have to turn that on.

What is the exact message that you see when you click on a link in a text message?

What it says is to go to

A

AC Question

How do I connect my metro pcs mobile phone to url my phone is a LG k7 I want to connect to URL

I would like to connect my metro PCS Mobile Phone LG k7 to URL

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I connect my metro pcs mobile phone to url my phone is a LG k7 I want to connect to UR

You run a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, something) and put the URL into the address box. Unless the URL starts with something other than http:// (like ftp://), you have to use a web browser. Phones and other computers don't natively connect to URLs.

Tonya Booth

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
When sent a web address via text message, I cannot connect to it and instead get the message above. However, when I go to 'settings' on my LGG2, there is no option to turn on URL. Can anyone help me to be able to open web pages sent via text?

Can not receive internet post it says go to settings and turn on my url there is no setting for that help me

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Did you try the previously suggested solution?