Question Memory mismatch with storage

dskc

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Hello friends,

I'm new to this forum, thus, request you to ignore my mistakes.

My android phone properties show that the internal storage is 512 GB and I couldn't store it beyond 8GB. Am I missing something? Below is the screenshot for your attention.

1708696580332.png

Thank you for reading this.

dskc

Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Surprisingly, when I installed File Explorer, I could see the Main storage with 8GB only. Is something wrong with the memory display?

For the record, I have installed multiple Explorer apps, and all consistently mention about 8GB as main storage.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you're misunderstanding the terminology and misreading the graphic.

It's telling you that 8GB is how much of your 512GB is currently used for stuff already on your phone. That is: the OS, your apps, files used for those apps, downloaded files, pictures, music, whatever you may have.

You have 504GB of storage left to use.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that the phone is giving you a low storage warning and not allowing you to save or download anything more after hitting the 8 GB mark?

What's the brand and model number of the phone? Did you get it from one of those shady websites like Wish, AliExpress, or Temu? Those sites are notorious for selling knockoff phones that completely lie about their specs, and that can fool file managers into thinking they have much more storage than they actually have.