Message app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to change background on my text mesg app and can't find the setting. What am I missing?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to change background on my text mesg app and can't find the setting. What am I missing?

If you are using the Samsung messaging app, the option isn't available anymore. At least on my Verizon note9. Maybe try a different messaging app. Someone else would have to advice you on a messaging app that does that since I only use Samsung messaging app and I let my themes change background.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ita been removed from what I can tell. I'm sure you can use custom
Backgrounds in other message apps but themes will work now.
If you are using the Samsung messaging app, the option isn't available anymore. At least on my Verizon note9. Maybe try a different messaging app. Someone else would have to advice you on a messaging app that does that since I only use Samsung messaging app and I let my themes change background.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That option was taken away on the stock messaging app. Best you can do now is change the theme through the Samsung theme app. I like a black background so I use the High Contrast Sky Black theme. Lots of options with different themes.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Heres my theme for messages
37e289d09251df24558d8e901c3c67da.jpg

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well also, doesn't changing the theme change everything else, too? Like fonts, wallpaper, icons and such? I really wish we could change the background independently for messages. I had found a theme I liked for the icons so decided to try it out. I manually changed the font and wallpaper, but I was stuck with their intrusive background in messages. So then I went with a more basic theme and had to settle on a separate icon pack that I don't like as much. And of course all the changes you make can't be saved to be recreated to test and try.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well also, doesn't changing the theme change everything else, too? Like fonts, wallpaper, icons and such? I really wish we could change the background independently for messages. I had found a theme I liked for the icons so decided to try it out. I manually changed the font and wallpaper, but I was stuck with their intrusive background in messages. So then I went with a more basic theme and had to settle on a separate icon pack that I don't like as much. And of course all the changes you make can't be saved to be recreated to test and try.

Yelp. That is what themes do:)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Samsung themes that I've been using don't change anything I don't want them to like I have a theme code Old leather but the font I chose myself and the icon packs I chose separately as well

Oh. Well...I don't full with all that. I choose a theme I like that has everything I like. Lol.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's weird because when I choose a Samsung theme, the icons never load anyway. Just the background for the various screens. I have an unlocked note 9 but I dont think I've ever had it where the icons update with the background am today I even went into my Nova settings and it didnt show the leather icon theme as an option to change my icons to. Oh well. Can do those separately easy on play store.
Oh. Well...I don't full with all that. I choose a theme I like that has everything I like. Lol.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's weird because when I choose a Samsung theme, the icons never load anyway. Just the background for the various screens. I have an unlocked note 9 but I dont think I've ever had it where the icons update with the background am today I even went into my Nova settings and it didnt show the leather icon theme as an option to change my icons to. Oh well. Can do those separately easy on play store.
I was having the same issue. Another poster told me when I go to Nova settings to change the icons pack, click the option that says system and your icons will change to the ones from whatever theme you are using at the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020