Messages App / Live Camera Issue

shooter

Jun 20, 2023
Visit site
Purchased a refurb Pixel 5 approx 10 days ago. For the most part I really like it, primarily for its compact size. All has been well until today. Using the Messages app and sending a pic in a msg, when I click the small camera button to the left of the txt box, I now have a live camera. To the right I must select a folder / Google Photos to select and attach the photo. Before, I would tap the camera button and it would open Google Photos only. Not sure if I caused this but I need it to return to its original format. I have found a way to dent camera permissions but all that does is replace the live camera with a large black rectangle / square.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shooter

Jun 20, 2023
Visit site
Permissions allowed.

Pic 2 depicts prior to selecting a photo. Normal appearance.

Pic 1 is after pressing "camera" button to the left of the text box. Live camera appears to left and "Folders" to right. I blackened the txt box. Thanks for your help. Had no idea a response would have been that rapid.

Attachments

• Text Window 2.jpg
    Text Window 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Text Window.jpg
    Text Window.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I originally thought that you weren't getting any way to access your folders or Google Photos.

This is the standard interface now for the Messages app. I don't think there's any way to get rid of the Camera window.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can always send feedback from the Messages app's settings. If only one person complains about it, it won't do much, but if a lot of people do, they might change things. You never know unless you try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos