Messaging app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Does anyone recommend a 3rd party app outside of Messages that comes on the Pixel 6? I had downloaded (Textra) but stopped getting messages and it nightmare! But I hate the stock Messages app

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't like that I can't use the keyboard to send a message.
And Textra is a great messaging app.

Textra used to be my go-to messaging app, but then it started to give problems sending and receiving unless I had nearly full bars. Switched over to google's Messages, and haven't had same issue.

blueyestm

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yaata is an option to but I had to move to Signal due to not being able to send multi part messages. Both Yaata and signal let you send with enter. That's a huge deal for me too. Especially since I'm still on my Key2

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You cannot send a message with the enter key on your keyboard

OK, if a texting app sends messages by using the enter key on your keyboard how is it possible to send a message consisting of more than one paragraph? Because if every time you tap the enter key you send a text, aren't all of your texts going to be one paragraph? And if your texts are more than a few sentences long, won't they be one giant block of text?

I don't see why sending via the enter key is an advantage. What am I missing?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You cannot send a message with the enter key on your keyboard

Send key is just above the keyboard.

WkxKuDG.jpg

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am an old man and even I don't understand why folks don't text with their voice and say send. Why use the keyboard unless your in a church or a meeting? The speech recognition is great.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am an old man and even I don't understand why folks don't text with their voice and say send. Why use the keyboard unless your in a church or a meeting? The speech recognition is great.
Because maybe your conversations aren't everyone else's business. Just because something works great doesn't mean it is good for all scenarios.