MicroSD card corrupted..

Martin Dimcevski

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So, i have the strangest problem with my microSD card, and i really need a solution to get it working WITHOUT formatting it.. It's a 64Gb Kingston microSDXC Class U1, i have it for almost a year now, and it was working fine until few days ago, when i decided to copy some files from my old Xperia SP (running android 4.3). So, i inserted the card in the phone, it got detected, copied the files, went to settings/storage, clicked "eject", phone told me its safe to remove the card, removed it, put it back in my other phone (OnePlus X), and now the phone tells me "Corrupted SD Card. Touch to fix", and wants me to format it. So i remove it, put it back in the Sony, it reads it perfectly, put it back in the OPX, still corrupted.. Even tried it in Alcatel Idol 4-Corrupted.. My PC detects it perfectly, but in any other phone except the Sony, it says its corrupted. Now, here comes is the weirdest part - when i insert it in the OnePlus, says card corrupted, BUT when i reboot the phone to TWRP, TWRP detects it and reads it perfectly... ANY simple ideas to get it working?? My last resort would be to copy all the data to my PC, format the card, and copy the data back, which i really don't want to do, since the card is almost full, my PCs drive is also full, and it would be a REALLY slow process to do.. Sorry for my English, if i have any errors in the writing..

Last edited:

Martin Dimcevski

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So, after spending a week or so trying to find a solution and fix the card, i almost gave up, and just when i was about to format the card, i found the solution.. When in TWRP, there is an option to "repair" memory (in Wipe menu>advanced wipe>ticked MicroSD>repair/change filesystem, clicked repair, the first time it started and after a minute or two it failed wirh error 1. Rebooted the phone in TWRP again, chose repair again, and this time the repair went without a problem, rebooted the phone into android, and to my surprise, it was working, SD card mounted just fine, and all the data intact.. Thank you, and sorry for the long posts..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the tip. I've never even noticed that choice in the Wipe menu in TWRP. (Oh, and if you hadn't mentioned it, no one would have thought anything about your English - it sounds [reads?] normal to me, and it's my native language.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkhihe