microSD read problem ( SDHC? )

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Greetings people!

I just bought 16GB class 10 microSD card and it doesn't actually work on my TF300T.

1. of cource i tryed all of the possible formats (on default allocation unit) NTFS, FAT32 (Default), exFAT. none of them works on microSD slot.
2. strange thing is that when i use adapter ( microSD > SD ) and put the card to the Transformer Dock, card is actually recognized with all the files inside.
3. microSD slot is actually working, I've been using friend's microSD card weeks ago. (I'll try to put another in nearest future to test slot functionality again)
4. a) tryed simple restart with card inside/outside variations,
b) cold boot,
c) hard reset...

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter: Electronics << thats the card i'm using...

i'm counting on you guys

Last edited:

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: microSD read problem

Greetings people!

I just bought 16GB class 10 microSD card and it doesn't actually work on my TF300T.

1. of cource i tryed all of the possible formats (on default allocation unit) NTFS, FAT32 (Default), exFAT. none of them works on microSD slot.
2. strange thing is that when i use adapter ( microSD > SD ) and put the card to the Transformer Dock, card is actually recognized with all the files inside.
3. microSD slot is actually working, I've been using friend's microSD card weeks ago. (I'll try to put another in nearest future to test slot functionality again)
4. a) tryed simple restart with card inside/outside variations,
b) cold boot,
c) hard reset...

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter: Electronics << thats the card i'm using...

i'm counting on you guys

Now that is weird...

I cant say I'm with you brother. Sorry :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: microSD read problem

I've found this review on Amazon... is it possible that TF300T cant read microSD-HC ?? and can read SD-HC on docking station... just sounds riddiculous...

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 22

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. I've been using a 16 GB microSDHC Class 4 card, no issues whatsoever. Have you tried your card in something else? Could be a defective card.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Here is the deal.

1) MicroSD slot on transformer works fluently. 2GB class 4 microSD was recognized instantly.
2) My microSD card works on all the devices i tried. Samsung Galaxy / Xtouch tablet.
3) I managed to actually connect my card to tablet (without dock) twice. But in vain... it doesnt last sleep.

a) first one happened when i removed my SD card from dock without "unmount" and put the microSD into the slot instantly.
b) second one was just random try to connect microSD.
c) when i try to connect microSD card the live wallpaper gets slower, the sign that something is actually happening deep in processes... have no clue how to solve this problem... maybe later i'll move out of stock rom. Hope it will help...

Mounted microSD card works fluently, speed, file system, everything is accessible..

btw, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mikea1111

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
not sure if it is the same problem, but i had a reading problem. I switched the tablet off and back on again. Started working again

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a 64 GB MicroSD card in my tablet and it works fine. That said, I did have a problem with my 16 GB tablet where the card slot broke. It would not seat the card (hold it in the slot). I had to have the tablet replaced.

The good news is that I bought my tablet at Best Buy. They not only exchanged the tablet with no questions asked, they upgraded it to 32 GB (because they didn't have the 16 GB in stock) AND gave me a refund for the difference in price as the tablet prices dropped in the preceding 6 months.

ASUS was prepared to take the tablet back and repair and/or replace it. I opted to go with Best Buy as it was quicker and easier (a simple swap as opposed to being without the tablet for 2 weeks).

My view of such things is that any device is bound to have a problem on some small percentage of them. I happened to get one. Overall, I love my tablet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24