Migrating from the N8 to the N9

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I guess I've never gone from one Samsung device to another.

I know obviously that Android doesn't offer a true iCloud style backup and restore feature but wondering if Samsung has anything built into the set up process to help migrate from the N8 to the N9.

Thanks

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
You can use SideSync app to migrate from your old phone to youre new phone. Just start configuring your new phone and when the setup ask you for migrating your data from your old phone just read and follow the instructions.

SwissCheese06

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I never experienced transfering from one Samsung device to another but I guess the following can help:

(1) Samsung Smart Switch - you can connect the two phones to directly transfer all data and settings.
(2) Google & Samsung Backup

I will try these options too because I am planning to buy the Note 9. I am currently using Note 8.

Cheers

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
^ This. Use the Samsung smart switch. Beforehand, make sure you have your Samsung account setup, and you are backed up and synced. Make sure you sign into the same account on both phones.
It is a nearly seamless process.
I never experienced transfering from one Samsung device to another but I guess the following can help:

(1) Samsung Smart Switch - you can connect the two phones to directly transfer all data and settings.
(2) Google & Samsung Backup

I will try these options too because I am planning to buy the Note 9. I am currently using Note 8.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo