Minimal case

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I had a TPU rubber case I'm a wife bought me on my Pixel 5 for the past few months. It's a nice case protective with the front screen lip, and what not. However, it was a little too bulky for me unfortunately. Lol. So, started searching on Amazon for other cases, and I land up settling on the minimal case. The peel case is $40, and minimal cases $29. However, I was able to find a nice 40% discount code which the minimal case company had to fix in order for me to buy it. There was no way I was going to spend $29 on the case lol. Thankfully I only spend 20 bucks including shipping on the case. The case itself wound up being only $15 for me. My wife goes to me she's like this is a piece of plastic and I bought you a TPU case, hahaha. However, it doesn't mess up the form factor of the phone it's for enthusiasts, of course. Something that unfortunately she doesn't realize too much but it's all good. Just want to share this with everyone. The minimum case it's hard to get on the phone with the fourth corner of the case being the hardest. However, once you get on the phone looks and feels great, not too too slippery, just grippy enough to not drop of course. And it doesn't mess up that 6-in thin, and light form factor! 😁 🤓 📱

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the MNML case on cyber Monday for $6 and that's how much it is worth. I've had the case for 5 months and the phone wiggles a little inside the case.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the MNML case on cyber Monday for $6 and that's how much it is worth. I've had the case for 5 months and the phone wiggles a little inside the case.

Well, really dude? Sorry to hear that. I wasn't about to spend $29 on a case. Which come at the end of the day, is a piece of thin plastic lol. That's why I told The company via email that I needed to use a discount coupon code otherwise I'm not buying the case. I told the same thing to peel case on the phone! In their case was $40. Yeah, my wife was like that's a thin piece of plastic for 30 bucks so not worth it! Well, good for you! I hadn't even thought of waiting until Cyber Monday to get the case for five bucks! Honestly though, the case that my wife bought me is a great TPU rubber case it's just it's a toothache for me even though she says it doesn't feel any different. And also the fact that the top speaker cut out that her case has doesn't need to be there. But it's in storage for me. I love the simple, minimalistic style and look of the minimal case obviously. It was a pain in the butt to get my phone into the case with that fourth corner. But once it's in there it's in there. Also, not going to lie, unlike other TP rubber cases for fingerprints, the minimal case is a frosted matte finish on the back. You can still see through the case, however, it doesn't leave fingerprint smudges. So for my analness it's pretty good. And it keeps everything nice and clean at the end of the day which is really really sweet if you ask me!

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad you found a case you like. I got the caseology one for my 4a 5G and it is really comfy with a popsocket glued to the back

ah, nice nice, good for you! Unfortunately, there aren't too many good cases out on the market for the Pixels in general. For example, I wouldn't bought the Rhinoshield bumper case all over again that I used to have my on my 3 XL, but they didn't have enough of a demand for it apparently...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found a case you like. I got the caseology one for my 4a 5G and it is really comfy with a popsocket glued to the back

Caseology has awesome selections! I remember I got a bubblegum pink case for my LG G3 back in the day, and it was one of my favourite cases ever.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Well, really dude? Sorry to hear that. I wasn't about to spend $29 on a case. Which come at the end of the day, is a piece of thin plastic lol. That's why I told The company via email that I needed to use a discount coupon code otherwise I'm not buying the case. I told the same thing to peel case on the phone! In their case was $40. Yeah, my wife was like that's a thin piece of plastic for 30 bucks so not worth it! Well, good for you! I hadn't even thought of waiting until Cyber Monday to get the case for five bucks! Honestly though, the case that my wife bought me is a great TPU rubber case it's just it's a toothache for me even though she says it doesn't feel any different. And also the fact that the top speaker cut out that her case has doesn't need to be there. But it's in storage for me. I love the simple, minimalistic style and look of the minimal case obviously. It was a pain in the butt to get my phone into the case with that fourth corner. But once it's in there it's in there. Also, not going to lie, unlike other TP rubber cases for fingerprints, the minimal case is a frosted matte finish on the back. You can still see through the case, however, it doesn't leave fingerprint smudges. So for my analness it's pretty good. And it keeps everything nice and clean at the end of the day which is really really sweet if you ask me!

I gotta tell ya Eric, I'm extremely happy with my Spigen Rugged Armor case. It's a darn near not there kinda case. I have dropped my Pixel 5 multiple time and it suffered zero damage. Glad you finally found a suitable case.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I gotta tell ya Eric, I'm extremely happy with my Spigen Rugged Armor case. It's a darn near not there kinda case. I have dropped my Pixel 5 multiple time and it suffered zero damage. Glad you finally found a suitable case.

Hey dude, thanks for the response back. For me though, I've dropped my Pixel 5 on my patio once, and thankfully the phone itself is very durable so nothing happened. I did scratch my minimal case twice. But it is what it is. I mean in general, there are other things on the market, you're absolutely right! I was looking at some of them, but either the colors were weird, or the texture just looked weird to me. So, for that reason, I went with one of the more name-branded cases men for the Google Pixel phones. Not to say that other cases are in great. You're right they absolutely are! ????????????

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Caseology is now my go to when it comes to cases. I was an otterbox symmetry person.

Yes! I was a little disappointed with the Caseology options for the Pixel 5. I wanted a bit of a girlier look! But Amazon worked well for that. I'll keep checking it out though! What did you buy from Caseology?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
ah, nice nice, good for you! Unfortunately, there aren't too many good cases out on the market for the Pixels in general. For example, I wouldn't bought the Rhinoshield bumper case all over again that I used to have my on my 3 XL, but they didn't have enough of a demand for it apparently...

I too have noticed that there is not a huge selection for Pixel cases - and I collect phone cases like nobody's business!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have noticed that there is not a huge selection for Pixel cases - and I collect phone cases like nobody's business!

Yeah I hear you. There just aren’t that many great cases for the phone that’s the part that Sucky part about it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got this case for my Pixel 5, and I LOVE IT! It gives me a yellow Nokia Lumia vibe, and I can't get enough of it!

Attachments

• 6333.jpg
    6333.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 30