Missing Icons on Galaxy S3

deenz

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I am a new user of android phones, having previously used iPhones. I got this phone from someone, so there were some apps installed. Thinking uninstalling was as simple as deleting the icon on the menu, I did just that, only to realise the apps are still installed (when I went into my installed apps to check the list). I have also encountered some incidents where I have installed an app but the icon does not appear in my menu, or has disappeared somehow. How can I get these icons back? I understand I can uninstall and reinstall but is there an alternative? Thanks! I'm really very frustrated with how un-user friendly this is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to get accustomed to the difference between the App Drawer (which lists all apps installed on your device, and is accessible by tapping that circular icon at the center bottom) and your homescreen, which is yours to customize as you wish. You don't have to have every single app appear on your homescreen--you can just have shortcuts to the ones that you use most often, and then you can put the rest in folders, if you like (or just leave then off the homescreen altogether).

Keep in mind that the default setting in Google Play is for a shortcut to be created on your homescreen whenever you install an app. This can cause a lot of clutter, so you can turn it off by going to the Play Store, hitting menu and then Settings, then unchecking that option.

Posted via Android Central App

deenz

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
hi! Thanks for the reply. The icons are missing from the app drawer (ie the typical menu right?) I believe. The icons are literally not found anywhere ):

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you remember which apps you installed that don't show up in the app drawer? Some apps in Google Play are only widgets, so they wouldn't necessarily show up in Apps--you'd seem them in the Widgets list. An example would be some kind of toggle widget. Live wallpapers also don't always show up in the App list--instead, you can select them by going through the process of choosing a live wallpaper.

Also, with the Samsung phones, I think you can choose to hide apps in your App Drawer, so make sure that option is turned off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLinn