Missing Messaging App

happytrain

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think I accidentally deleted the stock messaging app from my S4. I can't find it in the Play Store or App Brain. I don't even know if it's a Samsung or At&t app. It's not the messages app, it's the messaging app. Is there a way to get it back? I'm using Go sms for now. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you rooted? If not, then you can't delete preinstalled apps.

happytrain

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not rooted.But I do remember disabling it. Yet when I go to the Application Manager, it's not listed. I even have done a search. But the Go sms isn't bad

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to System Settings/Apps/All, and scroll all the way to the bottom. Disabled apps are usually moved to the bottom of the list (except in Android 4.3, where there's a separate Disabled list to the right of All).

Kenji Seno

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you rooted? If not, then you can't delete preinstalled apps.

Question: My device is rooted and accudentally removed my messaging app..I already tried as u suggested in the comments but it's not there... any suggestions aside from restore default process... thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have any real experience with rooted devices, but if you completely removed the stock messaging app, you'd need to find the apk file for your exact device--search the web to see if you can find it. It's also a good idea to back everything up before you start removing things from a rooted device.

MY SKAT

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia and my messaging icon has gone missing. I have tried Apps but I do not have "ALL" please can someone assist me...

Polina Vaks

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!
I lost my app for over a month, and found it because of you!!!!

I used crappy chomp sms and it really sucked!

I am so happy to have my default app back!!!

Thank you very much!!!

merlin7777777

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
my keyboard response is sluggish and i've been advised to clear the cache of the messaging app (i use samsung default app).

however when i go to settings/apps/all i can't see it.

any ideas?

Archerdanger

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
My message× app went missing. I look in my apps and can only find the samsung message app. So i searched for the app and was able to locate it but i am not able to drag it to get the icon back onto my regular screen.does anyone know how to get this back or am i just sol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you having the same issue as the original poster in this thread? Are you also using a Galaxy S4, or a different phone? From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you're in the Settings>Apps (or, in a Galaxy phone, the Settings>Application Manager menu.

abdul razack1

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Go to System Settings/Apps/All, and scroll all the way to the bottom. Disabled apps are usually moved to the bottom of the list (except in Android 4.3, where there's a separate Disabled list to the right of All).

Hi I found the app in setting, but how to drag that to main screen. Pls advice

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi I found the app in setting, but how to drag that to main screen. Pls advice

Welcome to Android Central! You can't drag from the Settings>App Manager menu. You have to do it from the App Drawer. What I had suggested was to go to Settings>App Manager to see if you had Disabled the app at some point -- does your Messaging app show up as disabled? If so, select it, tap Enable, then go back to the App Drawer (i.e., go to the homescreen and then tap your App Drawer icon), and look for the Messaging app. Then drag and drop it to the homescreen.

Ali qwertyuiop

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Messaging App uninstalled

I am using SAMSUNG GALAXY S7
ANDROID 7.0
My default messages app has been uninstalled.
Setting=> Apps => not being shown in all apps.
But
Setting=> Apps => system apps=>
Messages (0 B) uninstalled
No option available for
Force stop or Disable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180411-014357.jpg
    Screenshot_20180411-014357.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members