Missing track info in bluetooth device

Daniel Gonzalez_F

Apr 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

I've got a S9+ and it worked just fine with Oreo connecting via Bluetooth to my car (MMI Audi stereo, no Android Auto) to talk and listen music from my phone, but once updated to Pie the car just won't show track info while listening anything from the phone, doesn't matter the source (Spotify, YouTube, embedded player, etc.) it just show time elapsed and blancs in Track Name or Album. With calls and contacts everything is ok.
Things seems to be solved when unpair, clear Bluetooth cache, restart phone and pair again and it will show info correctly, but the problem gets back again next autoconnect. Again, this error happens after updated to Pie, with Oreo everything was ok.

Any thoughts about this?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's why Google issues betas, and because some people treat that as "Oh, goodie, I can get the new version earlier", rather than "What garbage am I going to be reporting this time?", they miss a lot of little bugs like that. I don't think anyone at Google, or any of the real beta testers, are running the beta through a dozen different head units. (If you had a Pixel and ran the Pie beta, you would have picked it up - if it happens in Pixels - it could be something Samsung broke.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali