MMS Issues on HTC One with AT&T

Jon Pickert

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just switched from the Iphone 4s to the HTC One a month ago, and I have been having two issues with the MMS specifically with group messaging.

1. Sometimes when I get a picture in a group message it doesn't show. However if I click the message all the options come up and there is one that says "Save Picture". Then I can see it in my album but still not the text window. The same person could send me multiple pictures in that group thread and sometimes they show sometimes not. What could cause this?

2. Sometimes when I get a group text from multiple people they will come in separately. I then have to go to each message and click download (Even though I have auto-retrieve selected). This then pulls them into the group message. The weirdest part is this happens with text only group replies even if there is no picture! This seems to happen randomly as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really love a lot of the features on this HTC One, and there have been a couple things that I've had to get used to coming from the Iphone. I think this issue is something I can't put up with and appreciate any tips on helping fix this issue.

Thanks,

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just switched from the Iphone 4s to the HTC One a month ago, and I have been having two issues with the MMS specifically with group messaging.

1. Sometimes when I get a picture in a group message it doesn't show. However if I click the message all the options come up and there is one that says "Save Picture". Then I can see it in my album but still not the text window. The same person could send me multiple pictures in that group thread and sometimes they show sometimes not. What could cause this?

2. Sometimes when I get a group text from multiple people they will come in separately. I then have to go to each message and click download (Even though I have auto-retrieve selected). This then pulls them into the group message. The weirdest part is this happens with text only group replies even if there is no picture! This seems to happen randomly as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really love a lot of the features on this HTC One, and there have been a couple things that I've had to get used to coming from the Iphone. I think this issue is something I can't put up with and appreciate any tips on helping fix this issue.

Thanks,

1. I'm not sure why that is happening. I've not encountered the issue. Who is your service provider?
2. Threaded replies in group depends also on the other people's phones. If they support them or not. IPhone does. Most Androids using stock messaging apps don't.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
This is a common problem for me on att too with my htc one developer's edition. It handles group mms badly and mms in general badly failing to download messages often. I'm hoping the 4.3 fw fixes group mms since it's native and baked into the firmware now instead of just done through sense software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac