MMS not receiving using GO Sms?

reno55

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have read all the posts and what not and still cannot figure out why I am not receiving my MMS msgs on Go Sms or the stock app. I have auto receive set in the stock app and it shows downloading msg but nothing comes up then in go SMS it shows :

Message Size : 32kb
Expires 10:24pm , June 1

Anyone have any clue how to fix this?

reno55

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Where do I add this and my phone is not prepaid is that ok?

Do I add it in addition to the other one in there?

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have read all the posts and what not and still cannot figure out why I am not receiving my MMS msgs on Go Sms or the stock app. I have auto receive set in the stock app and it shows downloading msg but nothing comes up then in go SMS it shows :

Message Size : 32kb
Expires 10:24pm , June 1

Anyone have any clue how to fix this?

I just came here looking to see if anyone else was having this same issue. I was only getting some of mine and had stock set at auto and highest setting. I downloaded go small because it had higher settings. I still am having issues. Last night was sent a photo and it came up the same way as yours with the download that never downloaded. I asked sender to resend it and then it came through.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that this has anything to do with the data disconnect issue reported in these forums? I don't think it has anything to do with Go as the messages are still pulled in by your stock app and Go is just a portal to send/view/receive through (I think). To check this, go into your stock messaging app and see if you don't see the same message.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't MMS come through the data channel, unlike SMS which use the GSM channel? For example, my brother has a limited data plan so a lot of the time when he is at home he will turn his data off to make sure he stays on WiFi and doesn't fall back onto cellular. If he receives an MMS while his data is off all he gets is that notification y'all are talking about. Once he reactivates data it will SOMETIMES pull the MMS down but on many occasions it will not.

So, if you were experiencing the data disconnect problem when the message was first sent and you fiddling with the phone reconnected the data and the message was resent you would receive it.

Just a few thoughts to chew on

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i've been having this issue on various devices and various mms/sms apps in which the device is running ICS.

On my Verizon Nexus I used the stock messaging app Go SMS, and Handcent and had issues where it would just get stuck downloading or sending an MMS, especially when connected to wifi.

I have the same issue on my HOX although not near as bad, it seems like there is some delay in downloading the mms although it never eventually sticks like it did on the Nexus. I'm using ChompSMS now but the same behavior was present in the stock app and Handcent. Try disconnecting from wifi (if you are connected) and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackybeny